3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 484303 times)

So is the server to be hosted today?

So is the server to be hosted today?

The server is up right now, but it's passworded. Not sure why.

No admins.

It's a dedi but can only be run when admins are there to supervise RP, since bluzone goes by such stringent rules.

I'm not hosting it until I get a definite answer from Knaz on whether or not he wants to go back in the story, and act like the molestation and events that followed never happened.

Just curious, are all the admins hosting? It would be great if admins hosted more often, I find it hard to get on and play because of  the time zones.

I'm not hosting it until I get a definite answer from Knaz on whether or not he wants to go back in the story, and act like the molestation and events that followed never happened.

waaait....

I liked me almost dieing. Lets just say you were capture and help at ransom by whatshisname, me and a few others tried to save you and BOOOM now we are here!

If we change it now, I will have to completely change what I wanted to do with Marley

His hate of the robot, the wounds, everything. It can not stop

edit: Although it may not really matter to anyone else because not many people stayed very long after it. The events that happened afterward are kinda important to Marley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:09:48 PM by Captn »

Just curious, are all the admins hosting? It would be great if admins hosted more often, I find it hard to get on and play because of  the time zones.

Speaking of time zones.

I was thinking about how the first Bluzone had a password at all times, which was presented in the topic. So everyone who wished to join would read the topic, know what to do and how to act, then get into the server. There were significantly less idiots. But apparently, less people join when there is a password. The server only holds twelve people, and there are definitely more than twelve people that watch this topic. The problem is when people are on.

I was thinking we could have two sets of polls. The first one would provide voters the option of choosing how long they would like to see the server be opened. Not ridiculous intervals; reasonable ones.

The second poll would revolve around a general timezone, and more time intervals. People would compare the general timezone to their timezone, and determine when they are usually on - and ready to play the Bluzone. After collecting the data from both polls, we could combine them and come up with a definite time to put the server up, and time interval to keep it up so we get the most amount of people on at that time.

I think this is a way we could get the server to work while always keeping a password on it, and keeping that password in the OP. Obviously, we would have two passwords though - one for when the server is "closed" and one for when it is "open." An admin could change the server title accordingly so people know whether or not they are going to be entering the right password. I just want your opinions on this first.

Well that seems good but here is some input:

First Lugs Open and Close signs will need redo, but that's not real problem.

Knaiz hosting at 1:00am - 3:00am EST seemed to reduce the newbie by quite a lot. Only the dedicated come at late night hostings(like me :D)

If you do this post the Password on Lugs website also, I look at that more.

Um I think that' it

Well that seems good but here is some input:

First Lugs Open and Close signs will need redo, but that's not real problem.

Knaiz hosting at 1:00am - 3:00am EST seemed to reduce the newbie by quite a lot. Only the dedicated come at late night hostings(like me :D)

If you do this post the Password on Lugs website also, I look at that more.

Um I think that' it

I've stayed up three in the morning to play on the server, but 1:00 EST is six in the morning over here. Restricting the server from other time-zones is just unfair.

I've stayed up three in the morning to play on the server, but 1:00 EST is six in the morning over here. Restricting the server from other time-zones is just unfair.

Never said anything about restriction, just saying that Knaiz hosting was hard for all of us, and made it so only those who really wanted to play, played. I stayed up till 3 too, and missed night because I wanted the sleep

This has nothing to do with restricting the server to people in a different timezones. It's just unfortunate.

Group A - Available at 2 - 3PM
Group B - Available at 4 - 5PM
Group C - Available at 6 - 7PM

Group B contains the most amount of people. The admins do their best to host around 3 - 6PM, giving everybody a chance to join. Though, there would be a lot more data and things to consider - this is just a small, simple example that I whipped up just now.

I was thinking more of UTC/GMT.

That would mean that I'd get to play at 7 at the earliest :l

No, that was just an example. I was explaining that just because one time interval gets the highest votes, doesn't mean the server would only be hosted at that time. It would be spread out - this is so having a password on the server at all times could work. So only people who visit this topic or the website, know what they are doing and can join.