Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress - In other news, 0.40.13 is now released.  (Read 29038 times)

So many bug fixes, I think it's smart that I'm trying to learn the game in 0.34
In Adventurere mode, at least, a lot of things are different. I'm not sure you want to learn it on .34

In Adventurere mode, at least, a lot of things are different. I'm not sure you want to learn it on .34
I already know how to handle adventuring efficiently, it's just fortress mode that's kicking my ass.

I reclaimed a already made fort and quite a way into my session realised that here was a huge place underneath me that I hadn't explored
im moving everything into it but I dont know how to organize it at all.

1st Floor

2nd Floor

3rd Floor

4th Floor

5th Floor - WAAAYY DOWN

6th Floor - WAAYYWAYYYWAYY DOWN

If anyone has any ideas on how to sort this please do tell me
I can get rid of most of the forges also because theres like 50 in total and ill never use that much
and the bedrooms are kinda obvious but apart from that everything needs building
Its so good and I have no idea what to do
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:30:21 AM by brad block »

A few new errors crept in.  Hopefully they will creep out now.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Stopped ESC from ending the game when setting up fort or adventurer
   (*) Made constructions use materials properly again
i hope this isn't a sign that the bugfix releases will get smaller and smaller

I reclaimed a already made fort and quite a way into my session realised that here was a huge place underneath me that I hadn't explored
im moving everything into it but I dont know how to organize it at all.

-snip-

If anyone has any ideas on how to sort this please do tell me
I can get rid of most of the forges also because theres like 50 in total and ill never use that much
and the bedrooms are kinda obvious but apart from that everything needs building
Its so good and I have no idea what to do
I wish I had this much space in my current fort. With the last wave of immigrants my population doubled to 40 which I didn't expect. There isn't enough bedrooms or food, one dead and one injured dwarf due to insanity and a mining accident (Thank god some of the new dwarves have medical skills).

It is time to build a sacrificial altar and throw parties while peasants burn to death.

Oh look, another update.
Quote from: Toady One
Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

The cleaning continues with this release!  Some notes on poles:  For no-pole, you'll need to handle glacier and tundra biomes in one way or another (wider temperature range, remove region requirements, etc.).  For instance, to make a valid no-pole large island, all I needed to do was widen the temperature max/min from 75/25 to 110/-10.  This made a few glaciers and tundras scattered around the world, and it also allowed a few tropical biomes to appear.  For no-pole, base temperatures of at least 85 make an environment tropical (worlds with poles continue to use latitude), though 75 works for certain biomes.  You should be able to input your own temperatures in the txt parameters now without the game applying a polar shift.  No-pole worlds do not yet experience any seasonal temperature variations, and worlds with two poles still have seasons at the same time of year on either side of the equator until that can be made less confusing.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed problem causing domestic underground animals to be placed beyond their number (and then replaced at that new number)
   (*) Made people not so eager to jump in on the side of their relatives and friends if the relative/friend is berserk/etc.
   (*) Made creatures prefer to flee normally if possible (rather than jumping off cliffs etc.)
   (*) Stopped liquid flows in confined spaces from sometimes making items disappear
   (*) Made items that froze in ice reappear properly when ice melts
   (*) Allowed dwarves interested in marriage to start relationships properly (Quietust)
   (*) Removed some vestigial code stopping wagons from moving properly after move/attack speed split
   (*) Fixed a wagon AI error that caused them to fail to unload sometimes
   (*) Gave wagons the ability to go past each other in certain instances
   (*) Made invaders not come back as ghosts
   (*) Stopped non-historical dwarves from coming back as ghosts (put in fix for old saves that should lay them to rest soon after unpause)
   (*) Stopped ghosts from being considered in regular sight code
   (*) Fixed the defend burrow order
   (*) Allowed items made from gem materials (including large gems) to be stored in finished goods pile
   (*) Fixed broken logic that made trade good hauling require both trade good hauling and lever operation labors

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Fixed up quarry bush bag job vs. rock nuts
   (*) Added appropriate announcements for some additional circumstances under which a fort dwarf could assume a civ-level position
   (*) Added embark warning if civ is dead
   (*) Added optional confirmation window after preparing embark (default: pops up if points remain)
   (*) Printed job after name when following unit
   (*) Marked dwarves as "New Arrival" on unit/job screen instead of "No Job" while they are new
   (*) Added pole-setting parameters for world gen, allowed north+south pole and no-pole options
   (*) Fixed an error causing nearby site maps to be offloaded too often
   (*) Made hill dwarf sites put animals in pastures properly
   (*) Made animals not placed in pasture/waste/yard get placed even if their preferred type isn't available
   (*) Fixed some manual typos (Gorobay)
   (*) Initialized strict pop cap to 220 if not present in d_init
   (*) Made alerts without names show properly as "Alert State #" in squad mode
   (*) Finished updating pineapple raws
   (*) Made several export filenames use the format (region)-YYYYY-MM-DD-(etc)
   (*) Added error for unrecognized CREATURE in entity raw

Bump for interesting patch news.
Don't use the new patch, as it seems to have bugs with people randomly becoming homicidal/suicidal and attempting to kill everyone in the area, including themselves.
It would also seem that crossbows and bows have become the equivalent of machineguns thanks to a bug with wagons being fixed(how this ties in, I have no idea).
As if they weren't lethal enough to begin with...

Have any of you ever participated in a succession game?

I'm in one right now: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104399.0

Just look for tonnot98 at the bottom of the player list to listen to my short-lived story.

So I guess Dwarf Fortress is dead to BL until 40.XX becomes stable.

Looks like 0.40.10 was released.
Download to Latest Version

Here is another round of fixes. Note that for morale fixes in old saves there could be some persistent alarm data that causes people to continue to run for a bit, even for a few in-game hours in some cases, so you might need to let things work themselves out.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed crash that could happen when refugee rumors were created
   (*) Fixed crash from visiting former player fortress with adventurer if certain army is present
   (*) Fixed crash related to surgery
   (*) Fixed crash that happened when it considered certain units in play for succession
   (*) Stopped a conversation crash from talking to mute creatures about their troubles
   (*) Allowed flying/climbing wilderness critters to work their way off the map
   (*) Fixed problem allow the player to become invisible among many units even when clearly visible
   (*) Made running away in terror/fear respect only valid combat location information
   (*) Made genuine retreat and alarm state more separate from each other (being alarmed was being equated with flight for morale)
   (*) Stopped certain old conflicts from causing alarm
   (*) Made people that are attacked briefly have some knowledge of attacker's position
   (*) Stopped certain jobs from being able to teleport items and engage in other action-at-a-distance antics
   (*) Stopped necromancer towers from doing various inappropriate townish things that lead to tower proliferation etc.
   (*) Fixed some reclaim/unretire bugs involving unavailable seeds
   (*) Adjusted projectile firing speed which became broken during wagon fix

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Adjusted emotional strain vs. willpower etc. calculation
   (*) Made non-extra-sensory creatures also respect z coord of potential targets
   (*) Fixed a pathing lag associated to mood dwarves not being able to get to their buildings
   (*) Added stockpile option for cut stones
   (*) Removed obsolete relieved/drafted thoughts
   (*) Made extra-sensory creatures even less perturbable by critters sensed through layers of rock
   (*) Stopped erroneous conflicts between certain hunting creatures
   (*) Stopped shared/wrestled items from being used for block/parry
   (*) Stopped creatures with multiple attacks like hydra from stacking attack modifiers incorrectly
   (*) Made attacker always look at target upon initiating attack
   (*) Ordered farm plot plant lists by seed availability/name
   (*) Lowered cap for wrestle skill gain so it wouldn't be hit triple digits attacking large opponents
   (*) Removed double entry of "slabs" from stocks screen
   (*) Adjusted 'v' menu location for window height (so it wouldn't overwrite certain lists, etc.)
   (*) Fixed a few typos causing double periods in personality paragraphs
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:30:30 AM by SpongeCraft1212 »

Loving the plethora of new updates flowing out, progression seems to have kicked it up a notch.

Maybe playing vanilla DF doesnt seem like such a bad idea anymore.

Looks like 0.40.10 was released.
Yeah, I noticed it yesterday, but I've been too busy to post.

It's nearing the .11 mark, maybe it will stop there like 2012?