Poll

Does your BL_ID matter?

Yes.
111 (23%)
No.
150 (31.1%)
No, and if you picked yes, you are a noob.
127 (26.3%)
Yes, anyone with a 16k+  is definently a noob.
95 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: A poll about bl_id.  (Read 5291 times)

I have like 8 IDs, so I don't know what the forget I should say about this one.
(And I do not share them.)

RawrMuffin is an ID discriminator, guys.

yes it does matter.

i pretty much know all the 1-1000 players reputations, so i instantly know who to trust or not and who is lame.

also, anyone with like2k or less ID is (more likely) mature, because they could buy the game within that first hyped 2 weeks or however long the game was first new.
children cant do that, people with the money and means can. thats a major part of maturity.
I bought blockland 10 minutes after playing the demo.

I have like 8 IDs, so I don't know what the forget I should say about this one.
(And I do not share them.)
And you did this why?

And you did this why?
Incase he gets banned from a server, he can just pretend to be someone else.

Incase he gets banned from a server, he can just pretend to be someone else.
He must be a real ass getting banned enough to need 8 IDs...

I would say it matters only if you like it...

While I don't say all low ids are good players, and all high ids, but there is definitely a correlation.  There are two very logical reasons why.  First off, players who have played longer are typically better, simply because the longer you do something, the better you get.  I know my builds that were made back in v2 were very bad (I slightly remember building a rectangle windows on all the walls house on green hills), I've loaded up my first retail builds every once and awhile and I see how much I've improved in my building since then.  While players enter the game with all different ability levels, the average ability level does rise for any group of ids as time goes on.  Secondly, and much more importantly, more skilled and older people generally stick with the game longer.  The lower the id the longer ago it was bought.  This means that people who played for only a short time that bought the game during low id ranges no longer play, while the same type of people who are in recent id ranges are still player, but as time goes on they'll stop playing and that id range will thin-out ingame.  This is simply a maturity thing.  Younger people like to get something new and play with it a bit then go onto the next shiny thing.  As one gets older, there is more want to stick with something longer.

At anyrate, what was low becomes high eventually.  When I first started playing, ids had yet to reach 1,500. (except the few of us in the 2,000 range :3)  When 3,000 ids first came out, I still remember how they were treated as total noobs.  Now the active players in that range are largely composed of great players.

Ga, should've proof read my post before I posted, forgot there was no edit button on this forum...

Corrections:
While I don't say all low ids are good players, and all high ids are bad players, there is definitely a correlation.

while the same type of people who are in recent id ranges are still playing,

They matter. In my experience the lower IDs are less dumb (with some exceptions), while you get a flood of high IDs with very annoying users.

I am saving this quote for all ID discriminatory idiots.
I'm not a discriminatory idiot, I have no prejudice towards people with higher ids.  I simply explained that the lower id ranges have had more time to gain skill in the game (the small factor.) What I consider the main factor for the illusion that people with lower ids are better is that lower id ranges have been largely free'd of the people in that range who aren't players who love the game and are spending time creating stuff with it and instead play the game for a short time, being non-productive with no real interest in creating and learning to build well during that time.