Author Topic: How to change GPU voltage?  (Read 629 times)

/title. I'm using a GT630m, after some driver updates I noticed that the voltage is down a lot (837) and I want to raise it to factory new 1025. How I do it?

I use MSI afterburner, it can change voltage, frequency, and more.

I use MSI afterburner, it can change voltage, frequency, and more.

I got it but it's locked. I tried enabling it by the settings, doing the EULA and setting the unofficial overclocking mode to 1 but it's still locked. i'm using MSI Afterburner version 3.0.1

slow down. you cant do that to mobile cards. youre going to risk loving it up and its disabled by hardware manufactures

i tried to overclock my mobile card. 5 minutes later under stress artifacts all over the screen. lucky me i didnt burn it. there are some models out there you can overclock.

slow down. you cant do that to mobile cards. youre going to risk loving it up and its disabled by hardware manufactures

i tried to overclock my mobile card. 5 minutes later under stress artifacts all over the screen. lucky me i didnt burn it. there are some models out there you can overclock.

I don't want to power it up. I just want it to get it to factory new voltage (1025) buts it's now at 800 which is very underpowered.

nu huh. they probably lowered the voltage to reduce power consumption to save energy seeings that its a laptop and to increase the life span of it. they saw that there is no big performance difference or any difference at all between 1025 and 800 voltage. and i wouldnt be surprsied, 630m isnt the greatest thing ever.

if its bothering you that much you can revert back to older drivers.

nu huh. they probably lowered the voltage to reduce power consumption to save energy seeings that its a laptop and to increase the life span of it. they saw that there is no big performance difference or any difference at all between 1025 and 800 voltage. and i wouldnt be surprsied, 630m isnt the greatest thing ever.

if its bothering you that much you can revert back to older drivers.

But what driver I should roll back to? I still have the original nvlddmkm.sys.

rip

what did you expect? a Titan?

idk i wasnt at your computer to know. search for the one before your current one. go 1 by 1 and check. yeah tedious but thats what you get

But what driver I should roll back to? I still have the original nvlddmkm.sys.

what did you expect? a Titan?
If I had the desire to build a desktop that's what I would buy :)