Police Ranks

Author Topic: Police Ranks  (Read 3989 times)

Heya Bs, how about some police ranking system so when the amount of people youve jailed's amount of demrits reaches a specific level you get some cool note saying that your now have a specific rank in the police force, maybe even making a police chat channel or somthing, and if you catch one of the top 3 most wanted guys you get like a stun gun with 3-5 shots in it or somthing similar (or the oppotunity to buy one)

Badspot

• Administrator
The problem is that it is much easier to have your friend make bogus criminal accounts and have him just stand there while you capture him than it is to actually capture real people.  People will always take the easiest route to a reward, so as soon as there is a reward for captures, people will start doing fake captures. 

Social dynamics are enough motivation for the police to want to capture criminals.  There is no great need for further reward. 

I have considered awarding superficial items (such as the police uniform) for playing for a certain amount of time as a police officer without screwing up, but tactically valuable items (such as a stun gun) as a reward for a set number of captures is pretty much out of the question. 

Maybe basing it off of the demarits of the criminal and the number of cops he's killed(By IP), and you can only get 1 criminal per IP per 3-4 days. The more people you get under those conditions, the more "points" you get. The more points you have, the more stuff you can get. Also, how about the more times arrested, the longer any future arrests on that IP(NOT THE CHARACTER) last. To prevent people from being a criminal just for the heck of it, but still get caught alot.

That's a good idea. Maybe even jail for life with no chance of perol.

Easy. Get a friend to make a crim account, rack to many dems, you capture, friend restrats router or redials up, bam, new IP.

Maybe the criminal has to have played for more than 2 hours then you could get some sort of reward for the capture of the criminal.

Maybe the criminal has to have played for more than 2 hours then you could get some sort of reward for the capture of the criminal.

Easy. Get a lan party going, get everyone to leave their pc on, and have people join aot, hang out somewhere for the 2 hours, like get punch, eat popciorn, watch tv, etc and then return, bam, a few accounts.

somehow having a stungun reward would really help capturing those police dodgers/killers

I have considered awarding superficial items (such as the police uniform) for playing for a certain amount of time as a police officer without screwing up, but tactically valuable items (such as a stun gun) as a reward for a set number of captures is pretty much out of the question. 

(the stun gun wasnt ment as for a specific amount of demrits, but if you catch one of the top 3-1 most wanted guys then you get some reward)
also maybe in ranking you could get some shoes that makes you move slightly faster then normally, notmuch, just about 1-5% faster, that way they still have a chance to get away from you, but you also have a chance of catching a guy thats running away from you

somehow having a stungun reward would really help capturing those police dodgers/killers

Easy. Get the lan party together full of cops, cloak, surround this criminal, bash him, then the other guys form a circle around him just incse he escapes.

I am finding alot of workarounds...

well, they all include a lan party, well... i dont have one in my inventory yet ;) and there is no police chat channel or anything similar

btw, BS could you make some encrypted file in the games folder that keeps track of the chars you have created etc etc, that way you could somhow make the game rekognice you even if you change ip etc etc,