Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 331538 times)

I've been looking into the RTB support files, and seen the switchboard stuff.

Looks pretty fancy. Would this be recommended to use when the public API comes around?

Yes, I'll write up some documentation on using it eventually as well as some sample code.

Alright. I guess the thing I had planned can be held off till then.

I really don't want to write my own crap and have it break. I would rather use that switchboard stuff.

Edit:
I also laughed at these:

$RTB::Connection::Host        = "api.returntoblockland.com"; //> Type this into your browser, it rocks
   //If you remove this code it'll stop you getting barred by RTB! Please don't!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:48:17 AM by Chrono »

$RTB::Connection::Host        = "api.returntoblockland.com"; //> Type this into your browser, it rocks

I think I found a new homepage!

Ok, I started up Blockland, opened the mod manager, and my mods folder was completely empty. The groups I had created last night now said I have no add-ons in them. The groups file in the RTB config folder do have the add-ons listed. The add-ons themselves have an rtbInfo.txt in them.

Yeah the whole "you have no mods" happens sometimes. Usually it fixes itself when you restart. Fixed in the next version.

RTB only counts an add-on as valid if it is within a .zip file, if it isn't then it's an "Unpackaged Add-On" and should appear in that group with a ? icon. It'd need a description.txt and a server/client.cs too.

Yeah the whole "you have no mods" happens sometimes. Usually it fixes itself when you restart. Fixed in the next version.

RTB only counts an add-on as valid if it is within a .zip file, if it isn't then it's an "Unpackaged Add-On" and should appear in that group with a ? icon. It'd need a description.txt and a server/client.cs too.
The addons are packaged with everything they need to work, unless every one of my add-ons including the ones I had downloaded from RtB the night before. I haven't tried restarting, considering it was doing pretty much the same thing last night. I can wait until the next version.

You can send me the add-on if you want and I'll see why it's being rejected.

You can send me the add-on if you want and I'll see why it's being rejected.
It's not just one. RtB doesn't recognise any add-on in my add-ons folder. The mod list is completely blank, as is the groups list and apparantly the list of add-ons not sync'd by RtB. If I download one straight from RtB in game it will show up, but if I restart blockland, the list is empty once more. I tried it again just now on this school computer and the same thing happened so I don't think it's by chance. I can get a console log later on if it would be of any use.

Yeah if you open blockland with -trace and send a console.log that'd help.

Alright, I started blockland with trace, opened the mod manager, waited for a second, clicked the "Your Mods" button, then closed it and exited.

Edit: Oh sweet, reply 1000.

Offending code (in RTBC_ModManager.cs):

Code: [Select]
      %zip = getSubStr(%filepath,0,strPos(%filepath,"/description.txt"))@".zip";
strPos is case sensitive and a bunch of your files have a Description.txt - I can't remember if there's a stripos function but if there is then this is your solution:

%zip = getSubStr(%filepath,0,striPos(%filepath,"/description.txt"))@".zip";
Otherwise this:

%zip = getSubStr(%filepath,0,strPos(strlwr(%filepath),"/description.txt"))@".zip";

Alright, I'll swap this out after school and see what happens.

I put in that bit and it works now. Yay!

Alright, I started blockland with trace, opened the mod manager, waited for a second, clicked the "Your Mods" button, then closed it and exited.

Edit: Oh sweet, reply 1000.
1000th reply in this thread

Yeah if you open blockland with -trace and send a console.log that'd help.
1000th post