Author Topic: Hookshot  (Read 12103 times)

colour the blue bits blue, and the white bits white, and disable the colourshift on the item's icon..

The Hookshot, it is awesome! :D

Now we need Mastershot and Hylian Shield plz.
I believe Keal made the shield for RTB in his Unreal-B mod.

Here's an item icon to use for the Hookshot:

Great stuff guys, but we need to put some limitations on this bad boy.  Things like only being able to hook-shot to special hookshot bricks, and limiting the distance of how far it could travel.

BOTH of those added in this new version! :D Tons more info in the readme. For the swing on special bricks, use the Hook-wand and make it an Sbrick. And use /HookshotMode to toggle between hook-shotting on anything or just Sbricks. Model also included from Kaje. Oh, and one more lil' thing...if you shoot something while in a vehicle, it pulls the vehicle now :D!

Linkage:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 11:59:17 AM by Aloshi »

Umm, am I the only one that noticed that all the datablocks in the wand.cs have the same names as the sword?  This would probably create problems.  I'm renaming every instance of 'sword' in the wand.cs to HookWand.

Also, in keeping with the naming scheme of the 'Add-ons' folder, I chose to rename my 'Hookshot.cs' to 'Weapon_Hookshot.cs' and the included 'wand.cs' to 'Tool_HookWand.cs'.  It works better for me.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 05:26:35 PM by Trader »

I WANT THE ONE THAT HOOKS ON TO ANYBRICK SCREW THAT CRAPPY PIECE OF stuff SBRICK THING!!! GGGRRR!!!!!!! now i can never have the regular hookshot back :'(

YOU CAN. Just do /hookshotmode in chat when you're the admin.

I said read the readme for a reason. :D

Also, I recommend making a keybind for commandtoserver('degrapple'), that way you can stop moving toward the hookshot point.  Just remember that you're flying through the air at good speed, so be careful how you use this and have your jetpack ready, lol.

A good way to slow down is to look in the opposite direction of where you're moving at, crouching and hitting the jet. ;)

Here's a better version. Now the icons should work and the wand has it's own datablocks. So it won't conflict with the sword.

Eh, I accidently made a typo.

find

Code: [Select]
   projectileShapeName = "Add-Ons/Sapes/Projectile_Hookshot.dts";

change to

Code: [Select]
   projectileShapeName = "Add-Ons/S[b]h[/b]apes/Projectile_Hookshot.dts";

YOU CAN. Just do /hookshotmode in chat when you're the admin.

thanks