Author Topic: Can someone with Flash Pro 8 help me please  (Read 304 times)

So I'm trying to learn how to animate with Macromedia Flash professional 8. I started doing some stick figure animations and then I just went on to do some madness combat animations using sprite sheets because why not?

anyways so here is the problem:

as we can see I have "Distributed to layer" on all of the guy's body parts (Head, body, feet and hands) So now when ever I want to begin the process of moving the symbols (for example the head). If I want to move the head to the right I press f6 to create a new frame (Btw onion skin is enabled). The problem is when I hit f6 it makes a new loving frame for ALL of the layers, this is rage inducing and only allows me to make the specific body part to move. So I have pointed out the problem with that black line.

Flash is a really difficult software to use so obviously I've done something wrong here but please if you know how to use flash I really would like this problem fixed

click on the last frame of the layer you want to add a new keyframe to, then press f6
nevermind

ah!

click on the frame BEYOND the last frame of the layer you want to add a keyframe to, then press f6

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:22:42 AM by The Resonte! »

click on the last frame of the layer you want to add a new keyframe to, then press f6
nevermind

ah!

click on the frame BEYOND the last frame of the layer you want to add a keyframe to, then press f6

This works but if I want to create a new frame by hitting f6 after I've clicked on the timeline its not allowing me to

let me record this because this is really difficult to explain

here is the video
it'd be better if you recorded what you meant by this statement

This works but if I want to create a new frame by hitting f6 after I've clicked on the timeline its not allowing me to

it'd be better if you recorded what you meant by this statement

forget, I'll record that and upload another video. Sorry

Ok here it is I am a beginner at this and I can tell I'm doing a lot of stuff wrong here