Author Topic: The musical hate thread | Get it out, yo.  (Read 13234 times)

not only are you dumb, eminem is loving garbage
You don't even have to know what you're talking about to say rap is bad.

All you have to do is name the only rappers whose songs you've listened to maybe twice (eminem, tupac, biggie, kanye, y'know the only ones they know) and you're an expert on rap music and are free to make the same repetitive remarks as everyone else.

not only are you dumb, eminem is loving garbage
I like that you're personally insulting him for having likes/dislikes.

Rap is fantastic when it's done right, and Eminem is an example of rap gone well. I know a lot of local rappers and they're really damn good too.

mainstream rap is all the same
same sounds, same beat, same tempo, same everything
wow, you've listened to every rap song ever? such a smartie you are.

You don't even have to know what you're talking about to say rap is bad.

All you have to do is name the only rappers whose songs you've listened to maybe twice (eminem, tupac, biggie, kanye, y'know the only ones they know) and you're an expert on rap music and are free to make the same repetitive remarks as everyone else.
the only good rap is tupac and eminem cus they wrote about stuff other than drugzz and money!!!

have these people even listened to a 2pac or eminem song? like, really. sure they have like, 2 songs that aren't about drugs or money, but I mean eminem wrote about loving spousal abuse..

I like that you're personally insulting him for having likes/dislikes.
Cool. Noted.

Rap is fantastic when it's done right, and Eminem is an example of rap gone well.
except he's not lol

I disagree completely. "loving awful" implies that they are bad in every regard, which is almost definitively wrong, lol.
The entire purpose of grunge music is to sound dirty and awful. Nirvana did this during the "forget the police my mom doesn't understand me" times and so got popular doing it. I'm not saying the band didn't have talent; they did, but the utterly loving squandered it in trying to sound bad.
The decisions they made make as much sense as casting Liam Neeson in a film without having him kill anyone.

like, really. sure they have like, 2 songs that aren't about drugs or money, eminem has written way more than 2 songs that aren't about drugs or money. lets run down the list shall we?
the way i am
stan
lose yourself
sing for the moment
like toy soldiers
mockingbird
cleaning out my closet
not afraid
headlights
when im gone
and that is just from his mainstream hits rofl

except he's not lol the fact that he was the first rap artist to win an oscar says otherwise.

great, he's still garbage and he's still written plenty about drugs and money
you were missing the exaggeration there

and so what? he's not the only stuffter to win an oscar either. many others have..

The entire purpose of grunge music is to sound dirty and awful. Nirvana did this during the "forget the police my mom doesn't understand me" times and so got popular doing it. I'm not saying the band didn't have talent; they did, but the utterly loving squandered it in trying to sound bad.
The decisions they made make as much sense as casting Liam Neeson in a film without having him kill anyone.
I disagree entirely. The point of Grunge is to sound "raw" not "awful/dirty". Everything inthe genre revolves around the non-normality of it. The bands are trying to make a statement.
great, he's still garbage and he's still written plenty about drugs and money
you were missing the exaggeration there

and so what? he's not the only stuffter to win an oscar either. many others have..
His wordplay is fantastic, he was completely out of the norm when he started, and he was the first really popular white rapper (that is actually respected). He excelled in an environment that was against him; he manged to excel because he is good.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:45:14 PM by Donro98 »

IMO, tupac wasn't that skilled of a rapper, especially compared to Bigge. he had the flair and the personality, and i still really enjoy his hip-hop, but Bigge's lyrics were loving poetic, man. i still am deciphering them.

IMO, tupac wasn't that skilled of a rapper, especially compared to Bigge. he had the flair and the personality, and i still really enjoy his hip-hop, but Bigge's lyrics were loving poetic, man. i still am deciphering them.
this
tupac is overrated
biggie 4 ever

rofl
mf doom wrote a song about this dumb stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9hwx-yn6-k
i forgot which Doom song it was off of Mm food but the best line EVER regarding mainstream rap is

"to all rappers shut up
and while you shuttin up put on a shirt at least a button-up
yuck
these rappers be stripper males
outta work jerks since they shut down chippendales"

this
tupac is overrated
biggie 4 ever
these brothers is good
His wordplay is fantastic, he was completely out of the norm when he started, and he was the first really popular white rapper (that is actually respected). He excelled in an environment that was against him; he manged to excel because he is good.
so he's white and there were a lot of black rappers and people liked him and he got popular? great so? he's still stuff imo

eminem wrote about loving spousal abuse..
Yeah, he writes about things that are real and doesn't sugar coat them.

he's still stuff imo
His flow, wordplay and the actual things he writes/raps about (content) are awesome. Far better than many, MANY generic bands that are just trying to turn a quick buck. Whether he does or not, at least Eminiem sounds like he cares a lot about how his music is produced artistically, if you catch my drift.

rappers you should listen to that blow eminem out the loving park:

doseone
kendrick lamar
eyedea
pusha t
mf doom
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:57:11 PM by crunk² »