Author Topic: California Colleges - Where's good for computing?  (Read 1673 times)

I'm looking to move to california to finish my degree.
Where's the best colleges which want foreign (British) students? I'm not looking for prestigious colleges, just the opportunity to move out to the west coast.
I'm studying Computer Game Technology and I'm in my first year.

oh, i'm gonna be moving there for college too

nice

Have you asked at your university yet?
Chances are your uni is already signed up to an exchange system, and they have all the relevant information. Go and ask your tutor or whoever it is who can give you that info.
That would be better than just blindly asking for colleges in California.

Don't worry universities love all foreign students because you get to give them like 10x more money.

On topic I'm not sure of what schools in California have good engineering and computer science programs besides the big names like Berekley, Stanford, UCLA, etc.

I know that Washington has a place called Digipen that's made specifically for game developers, but I don't know of any California colleges.

And also,
I wouldn't get a degree in game development
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:47:33 PM by AtlasBlue »

I know that Washington has a place called Digipen that's made specifically for game developers, but I don't know of any California colleges.
digipen is absurdly expensive with no dorms. my sister wanted to go there but it was like, $40k a year or something.

Do you have to be a nuisance on every thread you post on?

He's already 2/3rds of the way through his 1st year, and he's on a 4 year course.

He's already 2/3rds of the way through his 1st year, and he's on a 4 year course.
I'm pretty sure you can change your major. I know we can here. I don't even think you have to pick one for at least the first year
Do you have to be a nuisance on every thread you post on?
you're right, I apologize for trying to give someone advice, idk what I was thinking

I only recommend going to school in California if you were born there or if you are of nobility or a wealthy family.

Good friend of mine is going to one in socal

I only recommend going to school in California if you were born there or if you are of nobility or a wealthy family.
What if you're an OG like me???

I'm pretty sure you can change your major. I know we can here. I don't even think you have to pick one for at least the first yearyou're right, I apologize for trying to give someone advice, idk what I was thinking

Well I apologize if my wording was bad - what I meant to say was that if he's really interested in game development, then he's going to do that. He asked what colleges he wanted to go to if he were to keep the degree, not what he should major in. The subject given was unrelated, and it's bothersome.

Sorry. I'll shut up.