Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 416063 times)

Derp

http://datorfixarna.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=841_42&products_id=29851
http://datorfixarna.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=841_22_318_566&products_id=29130store
That's $476. I feel like I'm being ripped off, and it's way over my budget. :/

EDIT:
What do you think about http://datorfixarna.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=841_22_318_566&products_id=31039 ?
You will still need a new PSU for the normal 560.
Also why is it so expensive over there :D

Ok since you told me to lock my topic and ask here, I will.

I need a list of microprocessors compatable with Socket LGA 775 in performance from greatest to least.
I didn't say to lock, I said you could post here if you want.
Also last page, General Nick replied to your thread.

-snip-
I love you. Thanks.

Also, you might want to add that the free Windows Server downloads are only available for eligible students.
Really? stuff.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:20:12 PM by Ethan »

DAMN OPTIONS.

People say Cooler Master cases have horrible dust filters and they gather dust and they need to be cleaned regularly, same with the HAF series.

NZXT Phantom on the other hand barely gets any dust on the inside and usually only gets it on the outside. D:

are prices for the radeon hd 69xx series expected to go down by April?

I want to go for your $1200 build, but I want a better gpu. i currently have a 5850, which is the same thing as the 6950, just less future proof.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:59:45 PM by Littledude »

You will still need a new PSU for the normal 560.
I meant that graphics card instead of the Gigabyte one. Should at least bring down the price a slight bit. Also, should I get an AMD instead?

Really? stuff.
Yes, really.

I want to go for your $1200 build, but I want a better gpu. i currently have a 5850, which is the same thing as the 6950, just less future proof.

This is a build I finalized with Ethan and some others:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=17654645

BTW Sapphire did a really good thing with their Toxic, it has a 6970 PCB, easily unlocked shaders to 6970 through BIOS Switch. And has the same core clock as reference 6970. Pretty much 6970 for 80 dollars less.

DAMN OPTIONS.

People say Cooler Master cases have horrible dust filters and they gather dust and they need to be cleaned regularly, same with the HAF series.

NZXT Phantom on the other hand barely gets any dust on the inside and usually only gets it on the outside. D:

um, don't be lazy? you're going to have to clean it eventually either way ..

um, don't be lazy? you're going to have to clean it eventually either way ..

Yeah but that would mean opening case, cleaning for like half an hour, and making sure not to get static so i dont fry parts. One guy had to clean his case every 2 days. :C

I'm running a Core i7 930 @ 2.8 GHz on an EVGA SLI-LE mobo, with 3x2GB Corsair Dominators that are supposed to be at 1600 MHz.  It doesn't matter much but for some reason no matter what I set in the BIOS it will never go higher than 1066 MHz.

Nope. HD5850 is a little less than a 6870, little more than a 6850.
6950 is quite a bit better than a 5850.

I meant that graphics card instead of the Gigabyte one. Should at least bring down the price a slight bit. Also, should I get an AMD instead?
Ok.
Yes you can if you want. Try the 6870.

EDIT: This was my 10000th post :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:27:55 PM by Ethan »

Yeah but that would mean opening case, cleaning for like half an hour, and making sure not to get static so i dont fry parts. One guy had to clean his case every 2 days. :C

get a windowed tool-less case. opens easy and then you can tell when it needs cleaning or not

just remember to always blow, never suck. wouldn't take half an hour just clean the fans every once in a while

get a windowed tool-less case. opens easy and then you can tell when it needs cleaning or not
NO U

Ethan, why is that on your builds there are i5s instead of i7s? How much of a difference is there?

Ethan, why is that on your builds there are i5s instead of i7s? How much of a difference is there?
money

Barely, i7 has a 100 MHz difference, and just Hyperthreading support.

100 MHz, easily overclocked from i5 plus not worth the money.
Hyperthreading is only really used in really heavy video editing and 3D modelling. You don't need it if you're doing gaming.

Also, the i7 has 2 more MB of L3 Cache, no idea what the difference of that is.