Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1237749 times)

Markus fires his EML and LCP at the Mygg, punching the burners to ensure it can't secape.

Bell rolls her Flanker behind Snowman's Shiva.
"The ablative armor should help, probably."

Ellie keeps up her evasive maneuvers.
"Romeo Flight, Mjolnir-4, copy, we're driving North to your position, will re-engage at the merge," Lorens checks his mirrors again, this time to watch Bell's Flanker trail his own craft. "I hope you know what you're doing back there, Colonel," he speaks to Bell with some concern in his voice. Flying through the jet wash of something as big as the Shiva's oversized turbofan isn't for the faint-hearted.
Lorens continues maneuvering his fighter erratically to throw off gun fire.
: Air Superiority is not our mission. We ought to let Romeo handle this.

Walter pulls towards Kraxe-4 and aims down briefly to fire all his cannons
RAC accuracy 50
Experience provides bonus of  4
Aim provides bonus of  10
Point Blank provides bonus of  20
Tail Chase provides bonus of  10
Test taken at 94
Roll: 26 - success by 7 degrees

AKSM accuracy 60
Point Blank provides bonus of  20
Tail Chase provides bonus of  10
Test taken at 104
Roll: 30 - success

The Fenrir is torn to ribbons in the hail of gunfire, one of the gauss shots delivering a coup de grace by penetrating all the way from the number three engine through the roosterpit.

Markus fires his EML and LCP at the Mygg, punching the burners to ensure it can't secape.
EML accuracy 40
Tiny Target provides penalty of  10
Test taken at 44
Roll: 37 - success

LCP accuracy 50
Tiny Target provides penalty of  10
Test taken at 54
Roll: 5 - success

Sleipnir 5 gets zapped and drops like a rock, getting riddled with pulse beams until it explodes.

Tippy scans with her eyes for Kraxe-1 maintaining her own erratic flight pattern waiting patiently for him to give himself away.
Jaakko forms up behind Tippy, preparing to Thatch Weave if a Fenrir is on him.
"Tippy, covering you,"
Still no sign of the cloaked aircraft.

Kraxe 3, realizing the way the wind is blowing, breaks away and begins cloaking instead of resuming its attack on Walt.

"Another one bites the dust!"
Markus turns around and takes aim at the cloaking Fenrir, hoping to catch it before it vanishes.

Walter drops some of his airspeed and attempts to get a fix on the fenrir, checking his thermal camera and hoping that the cloaking system is still heated from mission use.

: Virvel, can you make it back to the carrier? Your tail is clear now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 05:27:38 PM by Badger »

"We've thinned enough of em out, wonder if they're getting away right now," Jaakko postulates.

: Maybe they'll back off if some of us stick around. What do you say guys?

: Maybe they'll back off if some of us stick around. What do you say guys?
: Again: Air superiority is not our mission. I'm not putting my unit at risk just to spook some enemy fighters.

Lorens

"I say we bolster Romeo flight," Lorens insists, "They'll be outgunned if we don't assist."

Ash

Ash continues flying to where Walt is. He scans the night sky for any potential threats.

: Alright, we're pulling back to the carrier. Romeo flight, I think those Nosferatus are a little light on flares, so might want to go for them first. Good luck.

: Alright, we're pulling back to the carrier. Romeo flight, I think those Nosferatus are a little light on flares, so might want to go for them first. Good luck.
You are not attacked again the entire way back to the fleet.

"Another one bites the dust!"
Markus turns around and takes aim at the cloaking Fenrir, hoping to catch it before it vanishes.
It vanishes.

Walter drops some of his airspeed and attempts to get a fix on the fenrir, checking his thermal camera and hoping that the cloaking system is still heated from mission use.
Using your thermal view you can see a trail of heated air leading away from the battlefield towards the northwest.

: Virvel, can you make it back to the carrier? Your tail is clear now.
: Uhh- I'm not- I'm not sure. One engine's out, the other's sputtering... I don't know. I don't know where else I'm supposed to put this thing either.

Virvel manages to level her plane out before reaching the city skyline.

Ash continues flying to where Walt is. He scans the night sky for any potential threats.
All looks clear.

Walter picks his airspeed back up to keep an eye on the fenrir and make sure it leaves.

: Command, What's the nearest available bailout or landing zone?

Walter picks his airspeed back up to keep an eye on the fenrir and make sure it leaves.

: Command, What's the nearest available bailout or landing zone?
: Carrier Indomitus currently undergoing deck clearing operations, it's not safe to land yet. Nearest bailout zone is Volturn Harbor, bearing zero-six-zero, twenty four miles.
: Bail out, ha, funny...

: Bail out, ha, funny...

: If you can find the parade grounds maybe you can land, but your engines go out you'll have to bail regardless.

: If you can find the parade grounds maybe you can land, if your engines go out you'll have to bail regardless.
: Ha! About that, uh... this plane doesn't have an ejection seat. I had it taken out.

: Ha! About that, uh... this plane doesn't have an ejection seat. I had it taken out.
Walter breaks off from the trail and heads towards Virvel while looking for the parade grounds or anywhere else suitable to land
: I hope you're pulling my leg.