Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 129238 times)

installed the new client but it says i don't have it

The server is passworded right now, did I miss it?

no
How the hell do I get in then?  I cant find a password anywhere

How the hell do I get in then?  I cant find a password anywhere
have you checked the tester's document

have you checked the tester's document
Where is that?  Is it the thing at the bottom of the op?

awhile back gyt (or someone else) asked if people wanted to test and many applied
i have a feeling you didn't apply
you can probably still ask to test hopefully (i have no idea)

that was what art is; suburbia resembles power

as soon as i get the client working and i go afk the testing is over

suburbia has many problems and the testers should tell them to us in the google doc or in this thread

audrie the interested romantic crocodile is alive

changes so far:
  • priests can obtain weapons from pope weapon chest in church
  • theocracy has been removed because its way too powerful
  • crop power reduced from 10 power per person to only 5
  • frequency of god events changed from every 3 minutes to every 2 minutes
  • increased probation time from 1 minute per star to 2 minutes per star
  • decreased duration of mayor elections from 3 minutes to 1 minute 30
  • every paycheck changed to $10, removed paycheck customizer from police chief gui
  • person's job now displayed in their shape name (might modify it so it shows up in chat too)
  • made police baton and gold ham baton for pope free
  • made hambaton craftable, it wasn't due to me forgetting to add it in
  • made it so you cannot event food bricks, drug bricks, corpse processors, or crafting machines. corpse processors and crafting machines now cannot be unrendered, uncollided, or unraycasted
  • new crop storage system: crops and drugs accumulate the product they produce so they never stop growing, even when they reach the point where they are fully grown. this makes it so you don't have to be ontop of your crops/drugs constantly to make sure you don't waste time by letting them sit fully grown.
  • buffed handcuffs so that you don't have to aim at the guy to handcuff them. they work in an aoe now. additional notes for future changes: make handcuffs work like the hamcuffs do, which requires only one item in the inventory instead of 2.

things we still have to do
  • tutorial
  • private trading gui although i am not convinced we need one imeditally
  • exporting gui
  • tourist mode for people who don't have client which lets them explore suburbia but not actually interact with the rest of the game
  • putting client on glass is necessary because it became evident that many people were unable to figure out how to update their client
  • making a selector for the spawn points
  • revamping help gui and eventually tutorial
  • making money and ores even more temporary so that money/ores don't accumulate which prevents people from becoming god
  • even more balancing
  • client still crashes while creating private server even after locating and fixing one crashing bug
  • the longer you play fps drops accumulate and become insane, dropping by like 100 fps. possibly related to the client. clues for bug: fixed when you leave and rejoin, might be related to SuburbiaClient SO
  • some clients outright crash every so often, probably related to the client. might be related to fps bug. random thoughts: look into engine sounds, maybe not doing cleanup for sounds that have stopped playing but are cleaned up in-engine on server disconnect. might be related to police chief/mayor/pope budget history, but after flooding that with thousands of entries i didn't see any noticeable fps drop.

good news is that none of the bugs from last testing session have reappeared and most of the stuff wrong with the game right now are either trivial bugs or gameplay/balancing issues. after we touch up on the balancing n stuff suburbia should be basically done.

anyways i might host tomorrow afternoon maybe at around 3 or 4 pst but no promises. tutorial and the rest of the things on the to-do list will take a while to figure out so i'm not going to waste any time between testing sessions right now. if you really want to learn how the game works, just use the help gui in the character menu. we learned today that starting at 12 pm was pretty dumb because people at that time are still doing irl stuff. we'll be starting later from now on.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:12:04 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

it is near.

on this day, finally the egg to smile
he is in eggstasy