Poll

Do you support the death penalty?

Yes.
Only if the person is an ongoing danger to society.
No.

Author Topic: Death Penalty - Ye or Ne? - also why terrorists are better than murderers  (Read 9633 times)

also the only thing that should cost money when killing somebody is:

firing squad bullets and sallary
someone to haul the body away

... this is so wrong. You need:

1. A team of public defenders or private lawyers for the suspect
2. A team of lawyers working for the state to convict them
3. A jury team to decide their fate (sometimes)
4. A detailed investigation of the crime in order to determine the killer
5. Firing squad is only in a few states. In other states its by lethal injection, the chemicals of which are extremely expensive.

They don't just haul the first suspect away and shoot them. It's a long process and the suspect is usually on death row for years before they are killed.

... this is so wrong. You need:

1. A team of public defenders or private lawyers for the suspect
2. A team of lawyers working for the state to convict them
3. A jury team to decide their fate (sometimes)
4. A detailed investigation of the crime in order to determine the killer
5. Firing squad is only in a few states. In other states its by lethal injection, the chemicals of which are extremely expensive.

They don't just haul the first suspect away and shoot them. It's a long process and the suspect is usually on death row for years before they are killed.
points 1-4 cost money no matter what the punishment is.

im saying it should cost less to kill somebody then it does to feed and house them for the rest of their lifes

trying to prove that somebody should be KILLED is not nearly as easy as you seem to think
there is no turning back
if evidence comes up eventually that they did not commit the crime, you can't just release them from prison. they are gone forever. they didn't do anything wrong but because of people like you they no longer exist. in your eyes, then, shouldn't the executor be killed?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:10:10 AM by Foxscotch »

im saying it should cost less to kill somebody then it does to feed and house them for the rest of their lifes
Common misconception. Death penalty is extremely expensive, it is MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper to put them in prison for life. It's basically pointless. Once these people are in prison they are harmless, so why bother killing them? It's extremely expensive.

Also, I know from personal experience (my mother being a criminal defense attorney and then a capital trial death penalty defense attorney) usually only one lawyer is defending a common criminal. However they usually have teams of lawyers that work to convict and defend death row inmates. Its a lot more expensive that other cases.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:16:24 AM by McZealot »

Common misconception. Death penalty is extremely expensive, it is MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper to put them in prison for life. It's basically pointless. Once these people are in prison they are harmless, so why bother killing them? It's extremely expensive.
Do you realize how over crowded our prisons are?

Once these people are in prison they are harmless.

Bullstuff, many escape, many brutally bludgeon eachother to death. Many even rape.

Bullstuff, many escape, many brutally bludgeon eachother to death. Many even rape.
this is a problem with actual prisons. not the concept of prison

go look at norwegian prisons

this is really a problem with the way prisons are done in the USA. if a prison is done effectively its extremely safe.

some people go to death penalty for not murdering like what

go look at norwegian prisons

this is really a problem with the way prisons are done in the USA. if a prison is done effectively its extremely safe.
except with the Scandinavia prisons they treat their prisoners like resort tourists. Breivik is on a hunger strike because he wants a play station instead of an Atari. He killed 77 people, and you want to treat him like a fluffy bunny and fix him? I'm sorry, but some people are too far gone to fix.

Also here's my reason why I think murderers are worse than serial killers:
Murderers = Serial Killers?

Also yes and no are tied.
I voted yes. Treason murder rape and perjury should all have the death penalty as an option.

Murderers aren't equal to serial killers, what.

Serial killer: These people have killed more than 3 people over a extended period of time (we're talking months), often planning what they're doing. (Ex. Ted Bundy)
Murderer: A murderer could be someone who got into a fight while drunk and killed a person. Or they might have a specific target like a wife, a parent, etc., and will stop killing after this. (Ex. Oscar Pistorius)

There's a clear difference.

Since when do murderers, rapists, terrorists, etc  actually change their ways? They don't. Why bother spending money and space for them to go to jail when we can just simply put them down. Put them down with a firing squad and I could care less, plus ammunition is cheaper then using some stuffty drug that takes an hour to kill them.
norway

eeeeedittttttt: i was late

read the title as "...better than axe murderers" ive been reading about the DPRK too much
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:29:21 AM by mus »

lol i didnt mean serial killers were better than murderers. i meant terrorists. that should be obvious if you actually read the post
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:02:37 PM by McZealot »