Author Topic: Dust 514: F2P PS3 FPS -Connected to EVE Online -Closed Beta -Calling PS3 Players  (Read 13218 times)

I have friends who play Eve and Arma 2.

now you just need to link us to a stuffty opinion page and you'll have provided as much evidence as he has  :cookieMonster:

you've provided both anecdotal evidence and an opinion piece to back up your point, so i can safely assume you don't know how to conduct a legitimate survey lol

so don't bother, we're at an impasse.
Every debate uses anecdotal evidence including you. How do you know that it actually would be better if it were a PC game instead? do you have facts (which you would only obtain in the future after profits and sales are made for both platforms) or evidence that would suggest this? In the end it comes down to all of this being our opinions anyways. But this is why we are not part of CCP. We are not developers of Dust so we cannot judge them for deciding to go with PS3 instead of PC.

Every debate uses anecdotal evidence including you. How do you know that it actually would be better if it were a PC game instead? do you have facts (which you would only obtain in the future after profits and sales are made for both platforms) or evidence that would suggest this? In the end it comes down to all of this being our opinions anyways. But this is why we are not part of CCP. We are not developers of Dust so we cannot judge them for deciding to go with PS3 instead of PC.
i never said it would, try reading what i've posted in future

now you just need to link us to a stuffty opinion page and you'll have provided as much evidence as he has  :cookieMonster:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion#Group_opinion
like i'm going to show them my friend's steam page
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:25:30 AM by Harm94 »

i never said it would, try reading what i've posted in future
You tried to justify it by suggesting CCP should just make it for PC instead without reasons why....usually when you complain about something it tends to be because you have a reason. Also How am I supposed to read what you posted in the future without a time machine :cookieMonster:

You tried to justify it by suggesting CCP should just make it for PC instead without reasons why....usually when you complain about something it tends to be because you have a reason. Also How am I supposed to read what you posted in the future without a time machine :cookieMonster:
i never even said they should have made it "instead", i said it shouldn't have been a console exclusive

seriously, read

not to mention that bar all the eve players you know that apparently wouldn't play FPS games, you're excluding every single other non-eve playing PC gamer.

ALSO I forgot to mention another reason why CCP chose the PS3 is because Dust' leveling system is based off of EVE's so it would be pointless to make it for the same platform. They want a new group to experience EVE online from a shooter perspective.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:31:04 AM by hgpucom »

seriously, read

I also said Dust 514 is keyboard/mouse compatible so your argument is invalid.

Is valid, PC gamers don't wont to fork money on a console when they can just download it for pc.

They want a new group to experience EVE online from a shooter perspective.
you're excluding every single other non-eve playing PC gamer.

I also said Dust 514 is keyboard/mouse compatible so your argument is invalid.
that doesn't make it invalid at all. there's a difference between having it on a console with a keyboard and mouse and having it on a PC.

Is valid, PC gamers don't wont to fork money on a console when they can just download it for pc.
that is the whole point.....new group of players....limited PC gamers..

that is the whole point.....new group of players....limited PC gamers..
the total number of pc gamers that play eve is tiny compared to the number of pc gamers on a whole.

if you're releasing a game in a different genre, there's already a new group of players on the PC that you can exploit

seriously you're talking about this like every single PC owner plays eve, they dont

>playstation exclusive

that doesn't make it invalid at all. there's a difference between having it on a console with a keyboard and mouse and having it on a PC.
OH there is really? I didn't know using keyboard and mouse on different platforms really stood out. So if i use an xbox controller for PC games is it also like starting all over again? do i magically lose my ability to use the controller as well as i used to?