Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 83501 times)

I've sent an email to the guy that was doing my modes last. Sadly, I forgot his in-game name. If he doesn't reply I'll probably have to force Phydeoux to do it. I don't know anyone else who would be able to do it expediently. Bushido hates my guts lol
If there are any random simple things you need a quick model then yeah go ahead and let me know.

nice mayor gui.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:54:56 PM by phydeoux »

The GUI for the election has had significant progress. It's interactive and about as pretty as I'm going to get it.

To-Do List for the next week:
1. Back-end GUI code, communicating with the client the candidates, etc.

2. Election cycle code.

3. Add a way to buy into the campaign. Will probably be a button on the Stats GUI. Each level will be 1.5x the initial price of $100. A Level 10 will be $3844, for instance. The top 4 campaigns will be displayed alongside the incumbent mayor. The first mayor will automatically be the owner of the server (me!).

4. Find a server host. My laptop and $16.00 internet package will not work for this mod. I have almost no options. I would just pay Kalphiter, but I wouldn't let that kid look after my dog for a week, none the less expect him not to look at CityRPG code and heckle me for not doing a particular function the way he would have.

Long-Term:
1. Personal Beliefs (will write on later).
2. Bureaucrat.
3. Profiteer.
4. Dynamic player types.

I like it here.
so what happened to you saying the forums catered to autistic children? or is that why you like it..?

so what happened to you saying the forums catered to autistic children? or is that why you like it..?
When you get out of the off-topic area, everyone is a lot nicer. Down there it's just a constant brawl of very angry teenagers.

C: The magic of the forums.

I have a dell poweredge server sitting in the room next to mine, 50 mbps download, 5 up. Only problem is that it's running Ubuntu, and WINE is being a bitch. The only problem with wine that I can't resolve right now is the lack of DNS resolution.

I have a dell poweredge server sitting in the room next to mine, 50 mbps download, 5 up. Only problem is that it's running Ubuntu, and WINE is being a bitch. The only problem with wine that I can't resolve right now is the lack of DNS resolution.
WELL I HAVE A COMPUTER IN MY ROOM
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I USE IT TOO MUCH AND ITS A MAC.
FFFFF

Elections
Blockland will have its maximum population at 0100 UTC, so elections will begin at 0000 UTC and end at 0103 UTC, or 6pm - 7pm Central Standard Time.

An in-game week is 1 hour, 3 minutes.

A mayor will remain mayor until voted out of office, or assassinated. A mayor's natural term will be 24 hours, starting from the end of his electing vote until the end of the next election period. A 6 months in-game is 25 hours, so this is just under half a year.

Getting elected is a battle of strategy, and money. You pay into campaigning. A level 1 campaign costs $100, and each level thereafter is 150% the price of the last level. Level 2 is $150, and so on.

The top 4 campaigners will appear on the ballot box next to the incumbent mayors. Incumbents have no need to campaign, their popularity will be dependent on their actions as mayor. Mayors can be re-elected as many times as the public is willing.

Letting people know what you're about and securing votes with public expeditions is just as important, however, as some people may give you money to help with your cause. Simply being on the ballot is not enough.

You can lose your public servant position one of two ways:
1. Betray the public and incur demerits. By default, the Mayor is a Do No Evil position, and cannot ever hijack vehicles or do other sorts of harm to his or her civilians. However, the Mayor can embezzle money and buy vehicles with the government treasury. If a police officer is astute and willing enough to track your actions, you will lose the faith of your people.

2. Being assassinated. Political Assassinations are the most heinous of crimes, as they eliminate a person put into position by the people themselves. Because the punishment of assassination is so high (life in prison without possibility of parole), it's unlikely anyone will ever want to kill the Mayor. However, if taxes are too high and you pardon too many prisoners, someone might just be tempted.

If a mayor is removed from office for any reason, the election will occur at the next natural election period. In the time between removal and vote, there will be no governing body. The city will have to take care of itself.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:11:52 PM by CityRPG »

I am absolutely ecstatic! This sounds amazing~!

ooo I can't wait.

There are going to be quite a few people who will try assassinating a mayor, just for the excitement and challenge of trying to get away with it. I estimate at least half of the people who do it will probably not be popular enough for anyone to help them break out of jail. haha.

Yeah. When I get that hack I PM'd you about added, I'm probably going to have the "Crime Enabled" button flash red or something when looking at the mayor so you know you're about to forget yourself.

I remember you said that assassination yields a 12-star wanted level. Would such a person ever have a possibility of losing that wanted level? Such as hiding out several years, or paying a massive amount of money for an identity change? Or are they truly forgeted over for life? lol

If a police officer finds the clue that incriminates you for murdering the Mayor, you will never be able to lose your demerits. Being imprisoned will keep you imprisoned until busted out, which will give you 12 stars again.

I'm even thinking of adding a ban that will keep you banned until the end of the next election if you reset your account to keep people from getting reckless with it, but even then, certain people can join once a day to get their reset just so they can kill the mayor and do it again tomorrow.

I really want mayors to live, so I might go as far to give them an armor bonus similar to SWAT Officers, prevent headshots on him, and give the Mayor a unique pistol called "The 2nd Amendment", which would kill with a shot to the head, and instantly stun (like the baton for arresting) to the body. Since the mayor can do no evil, he'd only be able to defend himself.

I really miss this, idk about you guys.

I really miss this, idk about you guys.
uhm, I think we can all agree.