Author Topic: Basic introduction to Syerjchep Orthography and Phonology  (Read 748 times)

English

The North Wind and the Sun were disputing which was the stronger, when a traveler came along wrapped in a warm cloak.
They agreed that the one who first succeeded in making the traveler take his cloak off should be considered stronger than the other.
Then the North Wind blew as hard as he could, but the more he blew the more closely did the traveler fold his cloak around him;
and at last the North Wind gave up the attempt. Then the Sun shined out warmly, and immediately the traveler took off his cloak.
And so the North Wind was obliged to confess that the Sun was the stronger of the two.

Older version of Syerjchep

Nɽθuind ɽ sun mridispiutniva цal mar шtragaʒni. Цumva traviu mrizadaʒzu xɽkluk uarm.
Mriagriniva tuasbi цalva sbiuaʒzu ðlitraviu akluk rimuvlugsu tuamar шtragaʒzu.
I nɽθuind mribluuiⱱu inaza pasibɬ dax jamar hartiⱱu mribluuiⱱu damar taaitiⱱu mriuiriⱱu akluk.
Nɽθuind uinßazu nin, ɽ sun uarmiⱱu mriшaainiⱱu i traviu aklukirzu mririmuviⱱu.
Ax nɽθuind mrikunfisφiivuva sun mar шtragaʒni uilo.

judging by your IPA spelling of reddit, I think you're pronouncing it wrong

unless I'm mistaken (which is certainly possible) and that's the IPA spelling of your language's version of "reddit" in which case nvm

judging by your IPA spelling of reddit, I think you're pronouncing it wrong

unless I'm mistaken (which is certainly possible) and that's the IPA spelling of your language's version of "reddit" in which case nvm
Syerjchep only has three vowels, and one of those isn't even in English.
Ya gotta make due lol

It's pronounced like "ree deet".

What a coincidence. I've made my own constructed language too with nothing but combinations of armpit farts.

Red it
That's [ɹɛdɪt], the English pronounciation.
Syerjchep lacks both the "eh sound" [ɛ] and the "ih sound" [ɪ].

The only vowels it has are:
[i] - The close front unrounded vowel - Like in 'beat'
[ɑ] - The open back unrounded vowel - Like in 'lot'
[ɯ] - The close back unrounded vowel - Not actually in English, but try saying the vowel in "boot" with your lips spread apart instead of rounded.

Then it's got syllabic consonants like:
The "r" in "twitter"
The "m" in "rhythm"
The "(o)n" in "button"
The "l(e)" in "Bottle"

Okay I'm only gonna bump this once lol