Author Topic: Halo PC/CE CMT SPV3 has been released.  (Read 1699 times)

This mod has been in development for years, and has finally been released just an hour ago as of this thread being made.

SPV3 is a total revamp of Halo 1's campaign made for Halo Custom Edition, with improved graphics, new weapons, new enemies, and even differently made levels. The mod requires Open Sauce, which is included in the download.

This initial release contains every level except for 343 Guilty Spark and beyond, which is said to be released at the end of 2016.

Download/Official Reddit thread here.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:23:07 AM by Dragonslayer182 »

Im hyped. I played a remastered version of the first few levels of halo 1 some years ago, and if this is the same thing im very happy to see it again. i assumed it was dead

okay so it's unstable as richards, but it's honestly a really good extension/reimagining of the game

forget YOU MAN I WAS GONNA MAKE THIS THREAD

forget YOU MAN I WAS GONNA MAKE THIS THREAD

I'm the bigger fan, therefore, I make the thread c:

Been playing it for the past day, this stuff is a lot more difficult

It took them loving forever.

Now get Kornman00 to do Halo 2 OpenSauce.

It took them loving forever.

Now get Kornman00 to do Halo 2 OpenSauce.
Halo 2 has waaaaaaaay less powerful modding tools. You won't be seeing a Halo 2 overhaul on this scale for a long time, if ever.

it was already released to those who tested spv2 but yaaaaaay
anyway, can't wait to try out the new open sauce with these maps.

Halo 2 has waaaaaaaay less powerful modding tools. You won't be seeing a Halo 2 overhaul on this scale for a long time, if ever.
Before Halo 1 OpenSauce, Kornman00 and FieryScythe were already working on opening up the H2EK, similar to how they had unlocked the HEK. They eventually stopped because, despite all the nice features, it was just taking too long.

Halo 2 supports a lot more cool stuff than Halo 1, and while OpenSauce has allowed for more cool stuff (like vehicle boarding and more particle effects) in H1, it doesn't support everything that Blam! 2 had.