Author Topic: My school blocked the BLF  (Read 2341 times)

Does your school use lightspeed? It conveniently has an admin panel accessible from virtually anywhere on the domain if you just have the administrator user and pass. To get that, try breaking into the domain controller. I got into mine via the insecure tftp boot they have set up for imaging. They had an administrative account stored in the config files that you can use to log into the samba share and then obtain SYSTEM/SAM which has the local admin account password hash in it. And from there you can probably remotely log into the DC and grab ntds.dit assuming your school uses active directory, then just get the user and pass and unrestrict yourself on the wifi.

when im at school i use this program which puts a proxy on all of the browsers.

only downside is if someone were to spam up the forums using the same proxy, that IP would also show up as mine. hopefully nobody does that lol

Does your school use lightspeed? It conveniently has an admin panel accessible from virtually anywhere on the domain if you just have the administrator user and pass. To get that, try breaking into the domain controller. I got into mine via the insecure tftp boot they have set up for imaging. They had an administrative account stored in the config files that you can use to log into the samba share and then obtain SYSTEM/SAM which has the local admin account password hash in it. And from there you can probably remotely log into the DC and grab ntds.dit assuming your school uses active directory, then just get the user and pass and unrestrict yourself on the wifi.

You are Computermix, right?

As for me, I got a VPN which worked for a while until the school blocked those. However, maybe a week or so after they blocked VPNs, they also unblocked the forums so....

i'd imagine OP doesnt have lightspeed because lightspeed blocked the forums a long long time ago.

I come back and what happened.

It's not the wifi that restricts it, we are given school iPads which have a blocker packaged in them from what i found, it's not like the already existing apple restrictions though.

Use an app called better net, you'll get right through em

You are Computermix, right?

As for me, I got a VPN which worked for a while until the school blocked those. However, maybe a week or so after they blocked VPNs, they also unblocked the forums so....
yes he is cm
also
i think my dad told me about this but opening a vpn tunnel over http is a thing, i'm too lazy to research this but you know

i'd imagine OP doesnt have lightspeed because lightspeed blocked the forums a long long time ago.
this is a lie

i think my dad told me about this but opening a vpn tunnel over http is a thing, i'm too lazy to research this but you know

Im not 100% sure about this, but try using Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP). Its a form of VPn that provides PPTP or L2TP traffic over a SSL 3.0 tunnel.

Im suprised that no where in the SE USA has blocked this site in schools yet

this is a lie
my school uses lightspeed and blockland.us has been blocked for several years now.

It was for the best. I'm pretty sure I'm on every watch list ever since I joined BLF

FYI, the school actually buys the physical rack mount server when they get lightspeed. I guess they come preloaded with a huge database of known blocked websites, and it's probably updated from time to time based on cumulative research from other customers, but the final configuration of what categories and what websites are blocked is up to the end user. It's not universal. Also, they run a proprietary OS which explains why filtering is so fast. I gotta admit they know what they're doing- the entire software suite is slick and very user friendly.