Author Topic: Doors, Buttons, and Levers! (submit your ideas)  (Read 5357 times)

A normal door with a round door knob, not handle.

However, does that disable the integrated sounds from Support_Doors from activating? I kind of doubt that.
...it does.
There's a datablock variable to do just that.

Code: [Select]
noBrickSounds = 1;

A garage door like the one from JVS please

Yes please!

Because every other feature in JVS was completely pointless.Better than the JVS soundsThat's a dumb argument. Animation doesn't make something cooler. The L4D2 weapons pack has animations, but that doesn't make them better than Tier Tactical.So it enforces high ceilings. How many people do you know that sit in chairs with their hands over their head?

It seems you worship JVS entirely for cosmetic reasons and are completely ignoring the technical issues they cause. Here's a rundown if you missed what's been said:
  • .dts files are buggy and spam your console with errors
  • In general uses up more datablocks than .blb
  • Every JVS door placed increases the loading time for every single brick on the server
  • Unnecessary radius search every time you open a door

New Medieval Doors, metal rising gates, large wooden doors, draw bridges, catapult arms (positions to simulate firing, actual projectile has to be evented), stable gates

Done:

It has a closed stage, the OpenCCW is the half-open stage, and the OpenCW is the fully open stage.
(And yes you can open doors clockwise and then open them counterclockwise without closing it first!)

Edit: The door is 4x wide, I'll make a 8x and a 12x too.

Done:

[IM G]http://i.imgur.com/rCp6ALC.png[/img]

It has a closed stage, the OpenCCW is the half-open stage, and the OpenCW is the fully open stage.
(And yes you can open doors clockwise and then open them counterclockwise without closing it first!)

Edit: The door is 4x wide, I'll make a 8x and a 12x too.
I love you.

Yes! Thanks a lot man!

This, with and without window:

This, but double (Instead of 5x (Will end into 10x) do it 4x (8x) because the last part is where the brick connector is):

This, double too

And if you can, make the default doors so they have decals, for example for shops, or making them worn out.
And for the first and third one, do some sort of magic so we can put arch bricks on them

Also you could do some windows (The ones who open) and 2 manhole covers: Circle and Square shaped
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:09:06 AM by Threule »

This, with and without window:

This, but double (Instead of 5x (Will end into 10x) do it 4x (8x) because the last part is where the brick connector is):

Also you could do some windows (The ones who open) and 2 manhole covers: Circle and Square shaped

Like this?

Sorry for the crappy drawing, I'm on my work laptop right now.

As for the windows, I'm pretty sure we already have some interactive windows somewhere...

Edit: I just realised you meant the square door... woops

Bump

I could use more ideas...

U can do my button idea on page 2