Author Topic: Blogland: I'm Getting A New TV  (Read 2032 times)

Talk about splurging cash...recently got an email from EB Games for preordering the Playstation 4 Pro as a Level 3 member;

Did some research on the model; it's a solid performer with Input Lag hovering at a low 34ms in 4K@60Hz mode, a pretty solid colour gamut (certainly not the widest, but perfect for the price), Android TV and a lot of other cool features. Only issues I could find was the lack of 3D (which isn't necessary if I get a VR device) and poor quality sound from the speakers, but I have 7.1 Headsets to cover that just fine.

Click to get full list of specs.

And since I got paid today...

What TVs do you guys own? Anybody out there on 4K and/or HDR? Ever snagged a bloody good deal like this one on something hella expensive?

34ms (vomit). but its a tv i guess, that cant be helped.

i like the new LG oled 4k's though

34ms (vomit). but its a tv i guess, that cant be helped.
Believe me, it's a LOT lower than the 54ms on my aging 55" Samsung, and the 120ms on the old 40" TV I used to play my Xbox 360 on before that.

I have a 48" @ 1080p for $200 at Bestbuy 3 years ago.
Hooked up to my PC via HDMI to play TV and movies I download.

Believe me, it's a LOT lower than the 54ms on my aging 55" Samsung
hold the forget on is that 55" samsung a plasma tv?

Not having 3D isn't much of an issue. 3D TV is getting less popular, and 3D movies are rather gimmicky and a lot of people don't enjoy the experience that much. Unless you're already into using a 3D TV I don't think you'll miss it.

that tv is too damn big

I actually just bought 3 of those TVs when Sony was having a sale, two of the 55" and one 49“. They're great and would definitely recommend.

hold the forget on is that 55" samsung a plasma tv?
LCD, model is the LA55B650.

guys how do i refill the plasma in my tv

guys how do i refill the plasma in my tv
i'll donate you some of my blood plasma