Poll

What do you believe happens in the afterlife?

Nothing.
29 (46%)
Your life and soul are suspended in Limbo for an eternity.
2 (3.2%)
You're reincarnated as an earthly life form and wiped of all memories of your past life.
5 (7.9%)
You're divided into either Heaven or Hell.
12 (19%)
You become an astral projection. (Basically an IRL spectator of the universe able to observe anything and everything.)
8 (12.7%)
Other (Reply below).
7 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: What do you think happens in the afterlife?  (Read 4109 times)

absolutely nothing happens. there is no afterlife.
when you die it's just black because you and your personality are just representations of 'you' from your brain and when your brain dies 'you' are gone
if you experience any sort of body death that forces you to go unconscious that is not brain death it's probably going to be like a dream before your brain dies

Nothing.

The Bible says that, too.  In the slumber of death, you're "aware of nothing at all".

I believe that either you're a follower of Jesus and will be reunited with him in heaven, or you'll go to hell.

Because of this belief, I really don't fear death. That said, I'm in no hurry to die or anything, but the concept of death doesn't scare me in the least bit.

I like to believe that when you die you instantly restart your life with the same probabilities and events as before except you make different decisions that change the outcome of life. Repeat the process until you somehow become immortal because infinite possibilities and w/e

I believe that either you're a follower of Jesus and will be reunited with him in heaven, or you'll go to hell.

Because of this belief, I really don't fear death. That said, I'm in no hurry to die or anything, but the concept of death doesn't scare me in the least bit.
I don't mean to cause an argument, but I am curious about how you feel about your non-christian friends/loved ones not joining you in heaven.

I don't mean to cause an argument, but I am curious about how you feel about your non-christian friends/loved ones not joining you in heaven.

Like loving stuff.

I can't tell what's worse, never seeing my loved ones ever again and everything as I know it just ending, or being forced to live away from my loved ones in 'paradise' for the rest of eternity. Assuming I even get there in the first place and don't end up boiling in fire for the rest of my pathetic eternity. I guess I'm just kinda really hopeful that the Christians got it wrong all along and that everyone's gonna be happy in Heaven or something that actually makes sense under the premise "god loves everyone".

I'm not scared of death per se because I know I'm not going to be aware that I'm dead to be sad about it

It's impossible to know and anyone who claims to know for certain is just lying to themselves.
how can you know that it's impossible to know

how can you know that it's impossible to know
Because there's no intra-universal experiment you can do that can test anything extra-universal.

Because there's no intra-universal experiment you can do that can test anything extra-universal.
maybe god literally talked to someone. and told them not to tell anyone

money and women happen in the afterlife

I don't know but re-incarnation / astral projection would be pretty damn awesome

nothing is not a legit poll result, as it still implies there is an afterlife.

thats a secret

you are drafted into the skeleton war
currently we're on the space stage of the war