Author Topic: any possible job i can get at 13?  (Read 998 times)

You can work a very small amount for Chick-Fil-A in Texas if your 13.

From what I understand anyways.
Not true.
It is illegal to start working in Texas until you are 15, but most employers that hire children will only hire 16 and up. At age 13, the best you can do is mow lawns, which is alright considering I have a friend who makes $20-40 per lawn, and he does his entire neighborhood weekly.

Not true.
It is illegal to start working in Texas until you are 15, but most employers that hire children will only hire 16 and up. At age 13, the best you can do is mow lawns, which is alright considering I have a friend who makes $20-40 per lawn, and he does his entire neighborhood weekly.
i do that and powerwash, if you do both that's around 25+ an hour. more than a job at a fast food place.

I don't think there's much you can do outside of informal stuff like car washing and lawn mowing when you're 13. Im 15 and Im having a hell of a time finding a job for the summer meaning Ill be bored, broke and carless when I turn 16.

I don't think there's much you can do outside of informal stuff like car washing and lawn mowing when you're 13. Im 15 and Im having a hell of a time finding a job for the summer meaning Ill be bored, broke and carless when I turn 16.
That's what I did.
I'm 17 now, and I'm still bored, broke, and carless.

That's what I did.
I'm 17 now, and I'm still bored, broke, and carless.

Im considering winging this summer with doing lawn work and washing my dads truck or whatever else he wants for a bit of money and then applying at the local pizza place as a driver once I get my license. Oh my god that'd be brilliant.

I worked for my dads contracting business for $12.50 an hour.
So do your parents own companies?

When I was younger I would buy stuff on yahoo auctions or ebay and then sell it to the local pawn shops, almost always made a profit, either that or I'd buy stuff from pawn shop that looked new and sold on ebay.

I would be an umpire for little league baseball (150 dollars a game) during summer time as well.

If you can, mow lawns, do lawnwork or whatever, or if you're talented musically, you can go to a big city around you (depending if your parents are cool with it or not) and play music downtown.

Do a Goatzee marathon.

Referee a sport (baseball or soccer is the easiest)