Author Topic: A hosting problem  (Read 2627 times)

Subject explains all...
But still friends can't connect to my server (sending punch packet) and that only fixing when i reinstall windows (idk works this on 10).
So is there something that can fix that shiet
It did work before...
And friend can see name of the server, they can connect, but can't see the ping

If it's not working right out of the box then you most likely have to port-forward your router. There are a number of tutorials on how to port-forward your router, just do a quick search online for "port forward <name of router>". You'll want to forward port 28000 for Blockland.

Badspot pls add peer to peer

Badspot pls add peer to peer
Blockland already offers Universal plug n Play (UpnP) which allows the vast majority of people to host without needing to port-forward. However, since it does not work for you that means that UpnP is either disabled or not supported by something in your network setup. Port forwarding is usually the easiest option to start hosting when this happens since it just bypasses the need for UpnP in the first place.

Blockland already offers Universal plug n Play (UpnP) which allows the vast majority of people to host without needing to port-forward. However, since it does not work for you that means that UpnP is either disabled or not supported by something in your network setup. Port forwarding is usually the easiest option to start hosting when this happens since it just bypasses the need for UpnP in the first place.

Idk why but i cant port-forward for some reason.
Even before that I could not port forward, but it worked before UPNP
Perhaps this may be the provider is guilty, and perhaps the router. I do not think that the blame for the provider because I have not changed for a long time. And yet, in my router is a function of the port-forwarding, and even the DMZ. Still, it's why it does not work
I think peer to peer is better cuz it works fine  :cookieMonster:

I think peer to peer is better cuz it works fine  :cookieMonster:
Peer to peer still requires some host and often uses UPnP, it's just less obvious to the user. Not to mention issues with data integrity and how that really wouldn't work with a game like Blockland or really any mod-able game with any sort of content or server ownership.

Idk why but i cant port-forward for some reason.
Unless you don't have access to your router's settings or are behind some big VPN (corporate, school, etc) then you're probably just doing it wrong. There's plenty of guides online, including the Blockland website. There may even be one available for your specific router.

having the same issue. ive tried forwarding, disabling and enabling upnp, restarting computer, etc

i was also able to host just fine like 2 hours ago, and suddenly my connection dropped and now i can't, yet i still have internet. wtf.

A console.log of Blockland attempting to start a server with UPnP would be useful.

I tried port forwarding as well, UPnP, unblocking Blockland on the firewall.

Look, I had this problem about ten times and others as well. It usually gets fixed over time, while we painfully wait for Badspot to fix his stuff. He has time for new years, but not enough time to fix these kinds of issues.

I tried port forwarding as well, UPnP, unblocking Blockland on the firewall.

Look, I had this problem about ten times and others as well. It usually gets fixed over time, while we painfully wait for Badspot to fix his stuff. He has time for new years, but not enough time to fix these kinds of issues.
This issue isn't something badspot can fix lol. Your network just isn't set up to host correctly, and nothing that badspot does can fix that.

This issue isn't something badspot can fix lol. Your network just isn't set up to host correctly, and nothing that badspot does can fix that.

You do know how frustrating it is right? I followed the guide to portforward and I checked everything was right. Why is it that suddenly people cannot connect anymore? I can tell it's a blockland issue because in the end I sit down in my chair and the problem solves itself in disregard to my port. I would be glad to give you specific details, maybe I did something wrong?

Just because you didn't touch anything on your router doesn't mean nothing changed, alot of stuff goes on in the background

try hosting another game that requires port forwarding and see if it works

You do know how frustrating it is right? I followed the guide to portforward and I checked everything was right. Why is it that suddenly people cannot connect anymore? I can tell it's a blockland issue because in the end I sit down in my chair and the problem solves itself in disregard to my port. I would be glad to give you specific details, maybe I did something wrong?
You could have port forwarded without giving yourself a static address. Each time you reconnect to the network, you're assigned a new local address. It could be that it only works when your router assigns you the address that you've forwarded the port to.

Some routers allow you to port forward to a hostname as opposed to an address now. You may want to try that.