Which OS Do you prefer?

Windows
42 (71.2%)
Mac OS X
11 (18.6%)
Linux
6 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Windows vs. Mac OS X Megathread  (Read 11094 times)

can we all just say that every computer has its advantages

like come on guys it's not that hard to say that each person has different preferences

like come on guys it's not that hard to say that each person has different preferences
No because this is the internet and there are trenches that must be dug and gatling guns to be manned. Who has the artillery, we're going to need to shell those bastards too.

Every OS may have its advantages, but what about hardware? Mac OS X is only available on extremely overpriced hardware, when in reality it's shiny locked-down BSD.

Every OS may have its advantages, but what about hardware? Mac OS X is only available on extremely overpriced hardware, when in reality it's shiny locked-down BSD.

Thats why some people just build Hackintoshes

the forget are you talking about i live in the woods in a house made by myself; my power is supplied 100% by nature and americans in fact i've been wearing the same pairs of clothes (sewn by my great great grandmother) for the past eight years if you think you can talk to me like i'm one of the other heartless bastards using merchandise produced in china under poor working conditions then you're loving wrong. in fact the very computer i'm using was designed and manufactured in the USA, 100% and when i couldn't get american-made parts i made them myself yessir this computer has a cardboard box for a tower so you better loving watch yourself don't make me get in my american-made motorized shopping cart and come kick your ass
.-.
source?
Look it up, it's still p. bad but it has improved over what it was a decade ago.
I made one.

Is that even legal? And why not just use Linux or BSD at that point? It makes no sense.

It's impossible to get a unbiased opinion on the matter on the internet. It's the equivalent of Space Engineers having a poll on which platform to advance to next on the forum of their Windows-only game.

Is that even legal?
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
And why not just use Linux or BSD at that point? It makes no sense.
No, THAT makes no sense.

Let's compare prices on imacs and windows machines with equivalent hardware shall we

$1650 for that hardware.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p94tsY $800

(Almost) equivalent hardware for literally less than half the price, or just over half if you want to include a cpu cooler. Keep in mind I threw this together in literally 10-15 minutes, there might be a mistake or two so I apologize.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:23:23 PM by Ipquarx »

windows is the best for reverse engineering IMO :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p94tsY $800

(Almost) equivalent hardware for literally less than half the price, or just over half if you want to include a cpu cooler. Keep in mind I threw this together in literally 10-15 minutes, there might be a mistake or two so I apologize.
That has no Bluetooth, speakers, or camera, and it's not all contained in one unit on top of your desk. But most importantly, it's not attractive, and it's not an iMac.
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
It is illegal. So, yes, he kinda does.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:39:54 PM by Katla »

lol attractive :(

edit also that hardware that was missing would total up to like 150 which is still way under the mac's price

That has no Bluetooth, speakers, or camera, and it's not all contained in one unit on top of your desk.

lol that functionality can literally be added with parts for less than $200

But most importantly, it's not attractive, and it's not an iMac.

is this bait

But most importantly, it's not attractive, and it's not an iMac.
lol what is this, just because its not an I.ad means its bad? this is the same exact argument cod cigarettes use against every other fps. "its not cod so it sucks"