Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - :Taboo:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 146
1
Off Topic / Re: got a karambit
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:42:39 AM »
I think it has something to do with ease of concealment
I can hide a steak knife or whatever just fine.

2
Off Topic / Re: there is a weaboo festival in my town
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:21:20 AM »
Then stop complaining if you aren't taking steps to negate the problem
yeah zharton get out there and kill everyone or quit complaining

3
Does anyone know if there is any way at all to animate the player's eye outside of the playertype? The slight bounciness of Hyper and Brightside's animations are something I really enjoy, and it'd be pretty nice to recreate them.

4
Off Topic / Re: got a karambit
« on: September 20, 2015, 07:36:53 AM »
For whatever reason gravity/switchblades are illegal in Illinois. I don't really know why there are laws about knives, because at the end of a day a knife is a knife.

5
Off Topic / Re: there is a weaboo festival in my town
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:56:13 AM »
I will always feel bad for the people who live near convention centres or the like. This is definitely one big blessing of living in a relatively nothing suburb, I'll probably never have to deal with anything like this.

6
General Discussion / Re: Prodigy Recruitment Challenge
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:51 AM »
lsd threatens to ddos and hack people pretty much at the drop of a hat
That's how you know they're real pro gamers, tho.

7
Off Topic / Re: Anime and Manga Megathread
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:50:09 AM »
Thread for anime recommendations:

I'm glad we're trying to play this off as a Madoka sort of situation, even though the manga's been around for ages.

8
Drama / Re: Brickitect & Serings harass chewer
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:55 AM »
and maybe make dumb jokes about how wipeout for kinect is a stupid game why do you like it so much.
I've actually still yet to determine whether you actually think I like that Wipeout or if having the wrong game in mind is in fact the joke. You're being really coy about it if it's the latter. To be perfectly clear:
A lot cooler than anything on the Kinect.

9
i think it wasn't right because the facts show that this was based on fear of his religion and his associations, rather than with reality, and that if someone else had been in this situation and presented this suspicious clock, we would've never heard about it because it would've ended in the classroom
"what is that?"
"it's a clock"
end of story.
I haven't actually really bothered looking into it very much, but I believe it's come up a few times that the kid showed it to his Engineering teacher and then just hid it away till it started beeping and he had to take it out. If he'd at least had the foresight to actually make it clear to people what it is, or even to simply toss it in his locker after showing the teacher, there'd have been no issue. I've brought a pretty wide variety of things into school for shows and tell or whatever (I've brought in swords, actually, for real), and the first thing I always did was make sure with the administration that it was cool and that they knew what was up when I brought the whatever in.
As a side note, I think by 14 one should have the worldliness to recognise the possible repercussions of bring in a suitcase with numbers on the front with his heritage and environment in mind.

but honestly, are they really 14 year old middle class students? do you think that? is it possible that maybe terrorists aren't perfect? is it possible that this is an assumption based out of fear more than reason?
The kids don't necessarily have to be terrorists, although I definitely don't see any reason why they couldn't be. There have been plenty of stories about kids out of Britain being led to "the call of Allah" or whatever. But the kids don't even necessarily have to be the terrorists themselves, they could just be simply influenced by someone else, family or a friend. They could have simply been threatened into performing an attack. This isn't particularly uncommon either, so it's not at all unreasonable to be suspicious of someone even if they are a kid.

once again, he left his backpack around a lot. i did too. never an issue. i think he also played clarinet in middle school so he probably left that case in the band room a couple of times.
Backpacks or little instrument cases are a lot less likely to be mistaken for a bomb that a suitcase with a numerical readout.

just to note real quick, if you'll notice, i haven't called taboo an "idiot" or a "simpleton", or tried some ad-hominem attack. and thus, he has not said the same back to me. debating doesn't have to be petty.
It helps that I know you're legitimately intelligent person capable of good debate.

10
Games / Re: Splatoon - Art vs Science
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:24:45 AM »
Getting closer to that max speed set :D
I don't remember, has anyone ever actually determined when run speed up stops being effective?

11
Off Topic / Re: Native American boy pulled from class due to Mohawk
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:30:07 AM »
today we learned that you cant read or count
Everyone knows that every post made on this forum actually counts for eight and a half, silly.

12
Drama / Re: Brickitect & Serings harass chewer
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:28:26 AM »
probably to spark some sort of realization that there is a little shiny ray of sunshine deep within that head while everyone else has given up. its like school guidance counselling
Arguing on this forum will literally never accomplish anything, it will pretty much always be for the sake of intrigue.
Nobody will ever budge on their opinions here, regardless of who's right and who's wrong. I've seen people admit to being in the wrong or being objectively wrong, though that's rare too, but when it comes to matters of beliefs I really have never seen anyone change their minds.

because at one point you were a cool guy and under my jaded shell of doubt, I seriously believed if I shook my fist at you for being a rooster, you might magically figure out how to not be a rooster and start being a cool guy again
Oh, boo hoo, you were so mislead. Poor thing.

13
gosh I'm sorry I posted something relevant to the topic, would you prefer it if I called you names so you can fight about it for the next 20 pages?
If you're going to talk about something else, why would you do it in reply to me?

that only provides a basis why they did it. still doesn't justify them doing it
Yes. And? Nobody has said that what they did was right. But that doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense to totally condemn them for it either.

terrorists are not sleeper agents. that's why a lot of em get caught.
Uh? There is no handbook on terrorism. There are no real set rules to it. I can guarantee you that there are countless terrorists around the world that nobody knows about.

i have a muslim friend named malik. he was born in america, and got good grades all throughout school. he loved anime and manga and pokemon, and even went on a trip to japan. at no point did i ever say "could he be an extremist terrorist?" because it didn't make any sense. probably, as in 99% chance, he wasn't. same for ahmed. should we always air on the side of the 1% chance? should you never fly in a plane cus some of em crash?
Of course you're going to know your friend far better than a teacher or officer is going to know some kid, lol. That's hardly got anything to do with this.
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that your friend never happened to carry around anything that looked like a bomb.

14
Off Topic / Re: Native American boy pulled from class due to Mohawk
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:20:54 AM »
i don't see why you needed to include his ethnicity but ok
It's the article title. The mohawk is a Native American hairstyle. Put 2 and 2 together.

15
Drama / Re: Brickitect & Serings harass chewer
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:17:02 AM »
Maybe if you were an ounce bit more self-aware you would be able to predict that.
Maybe? I hardly really care to keep track of whatever reputation I apparently have on this forum, it's never really been a concern for me and it likely never will be.

you've pretty much admit before that the only thing you really care about when posting is arguing for the sake of arguing.
Please, enlighten me, what beautiful higher purpose are you arguing for? I'm sure it's something incredibly inspirational.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 146