Go back and attempt to hunt the cow
1 (8.3%)
Attempt to leave the mountain top
0 (0%)
Confront the natives with violence
1 (8.3%)
Confront the natives with peace
4 (33.3%)
Get the chest from fancy house and add it to your house.
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Video based forum game (Mot Life)  (Read 1466 times)

MOT'S LIFE
Video based forum-game thing
Wait man, before you scroll down, click links or dance your pants off, this "forum game" as it's so called is actually made with videos. the system is a lot more pleasing to the eyes and is something new. Don't read the video logs until you've seen the video though. Stats and notes of the character(s) are displayed in the YT vid desc. Finally, to watch the part, click the primary image under the subtitle. The stats and whatnot system may not be perfect at the moment, but It'll get better as it goes along. I hope.

PART 1
Introduction

Video activities (Chronological)
Awakened.
Got out of bed
Searched drawer, received notpad
Searched drawer, received key (Housekey)
Left house
ACHIEVEMENT GET

Wrote note:
I've just gotten out of small structure I awakened in. I can only remember my name and most words in the English vocabulary. I appear to be on top of a mountain. There is a cow nearby. I've also learnt that I can write down notes instantaneously.
Video end.

PART 2
Encounter

Video activities (Chronological)
Walked over to house.
Wrote note:
I've discovered a mildly snazzy house across from the house I awakened in. In has a sign above the primary door that says "Keep Out". There is a small chest outside the house too, it had a map of what appears to be the mountain I'm on. I haven't read it. The sliding door to enter the house appears to be jammed.
Examined house.

Retrieved Map (Rool Mountain) from chest.
Attempted to enter house. (door is jammed)
Walked around side of mountain top.
Walked into opening in small hills.
Discovered native camp.
Video end.

CURRENT STATSTICS
Health = Maxed
Mood = Surprised
Inventory = Notepad, Keys (housekey), Map Rool Mountain
Special abilities = N/A
Relationships = Cow (Acquaintance), Natives (Acquaintance)
Hygienic status = poor
Hunger = satisfactory
Sanity = Good
Likes = bovines, rain
Dislikes = Rabid dogs, dark places, death

I decided to make this after numerous drab and boring "forum games" which were really all still images and progressed slowly and what not. I thought It'd be more interesting to have each "action" to by acted out in an actual way. ghidfjg you get my point.

Decision making guidelines
1 - Don't commit Self Delete. Dieing is final, once the character dies that's it. Unless we've gained control of another character it ends there.
2 - If suggesting an action, try to include as much ifs and whatnot as possible to make the action last longer so we won't have hundreds of, "Turn the corner" videos.
3 - AUTO-PILOT. Auto-pilot as said in the first video progresses the game a lot faster but decreases other stuff. If you're stumpted to what to do, vote AUTO-PILOT.
4 - layout. There's no ridiculous / or > command system, just say what you want him to do.
5 - outside suggestions. If you like what a user has suggested the character do quote his post. Once a suggestion gets three to five quotes I'll add it to the vote.
6 - If you want multiple suggestions to be used, simply quote them in the order you want the character(s) perform them

If you gonna hate, hate away.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:06:40 PM by Supreme Guy »

try to find a supply to make a bucket out of.
if nothing,walk around to see if there are any trees/living beings.

Look around.

Go to cow and see if there is anything on it/in it's mouth.

Go back in house and look under bed and bed sheets.

Go back out of house.

Get milk from cow.

Ride cow.

Perhaps if you explore the mountain, you'll find some useful resources that'll help you on your way off the mountain. Hopefully there'll be water near by or at least civilization off the mountain. It'll be hilarious if there's civilization on the mountain too, strange thought, does anyone agree?

(I think I maybe getting a bit ahead of myself and everyone else, well meh, I'll listen to someones opinion and suggestion for this post. :3)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:51:57 AM by Emerald Master »

is the cow a bot?
Yes.
By the way, part two is done and being uploaded.

Get milk from cow, Hand to Natives for a gift.

buy a bull then kill it