Author Topic: Trench Digging V7.2 [Submitted to RTB]  (Read 7739 times)

I'm working on grouping bricks and cubes to make them compatible, then I'll work out /dumpDirt.

I was thinking that maybe you could make it so you could place dirt on non-dirt plates?

I was thinking that maybe you could make it so you could place dirt on non-dirt plates?
Well, maybe, but the thing is, I have it all set up on a grid, so I would need to specifically add each plate to work with the grid, so it's more work than it seems, but I understand why it's wanted. I'll keep that in the back of my mind.

Well, maybe, but the thing is, I have it all set up on a grid, so I would need to specifically add each plate to work with the grid, so it's more work than it seems, but I understand why it's wanted. I'll keep that in the back of my mind.

Special Plates?

Could you add some events to make it possible to dig with the RPG Pickaxe for example? (the RPG Pickaxe has a onPickaxeHit event)

Input events:
OnDug
OnPlaced
Output events:
Dig

And when a 32x dirt cube has events and is split that the events are copied to the other parts?
Because for now when you event the dirt bricks and dig them the events are gone.
This will open up alot of possibilities if it can be implemented.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:24:26 AM by Kiwi »

Could you add some events to make it possible to dig with the RPG Pickaxe for example? (the RPG Pickaxe has a onPickaxeHit event)

Input events:
OnDug
OnPlaced
Output events:
Dig

And when a 32x dirt cube has events and is split that the events are copied to the other parts?
Because for now when you event the dirt bricks and dig them the events are gone.
I see. That's the first of that type of suggestion I've heard so I'm not sure that's in high demand but I'll think about it.

Some mods like the Speedometer are not in high demand, too.
Let's look at it like this.
If you can implement my suggested features, then your mod could be in higher demand.
Yes sir, I think it will be.
If its easy to implement.

Edit: And it should be easy to implement.
At least the event copy thingy.
It copies the color so why not the events too?
And Brick names, and spawned Item, and ... well, lets just copy events.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:13:45 AM by Kiwi »

Input events:
OnDug
OnPlaced
Output events:
Dig

These would requires so many times to wrench. I don't see any practical use. Well, I take that back. I do, but it would be a hassle.

Some mods like the Speedometer are not in high demand, too.
Let's look at it like this.
If you can implement my suggested features, then your mod could be in higher demand.
Yes sir, I think it will be.
If its easy to implement.

Edit: And it should be easy to implement.
At least the event copy thingy.
It copies the color so why not the events too?
And Brick names, and spawned Item, and ... well, lets just copy events.
The problem with events on dirt, is that the brickcount gets pretty high on trench servers, and events take up a lot of data as it is. Also I can't test this with the way my BL is right now (really unstable on macs), I crash when I try to regroup an 8x cube or higher. I most likely won't be able to regroup a 4x if it copied several events.

Will this have the cluster bomb like the version 8 (blockland version) trench digging mod. The cluster bomb broke apart dirt and threw it around, it also killed whoever got hit by the dirt.

Will this have the cluster bomb like the version 8 (blockland version) trench digging mod. The cluster bomb broke apart dirt and threw it around, it also killed whoever got hit by the dirt.
Sure, that sounds interesting. I'll add that to the list.

Also, this is extremely hard to work with at the moment, because I crash sometimes upon just digging up a 2x cube of dirt... So it's extremely hard to test thoroughly :/

I seriously hope the net version comes out quick, and is stabilized for macs. Unless I just test on an older version of BL... Hmm...

Bwamp for update.
See OP for changelog. A lot more functional.

Edit: Updated again to V7.11
Also, when I get /dumpDirt working as it should on regular bricks, I will upload to RTB then work on fun new features.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:20:06 AM by lilboarder32 »

Yay V7.2, out of beta! Submitted to RTB and it should be approved shortly.