Author Topic: How to make good events : For Newbies  (Read 773 times)

Ok, to get us started, what i mean in the Subject by "Newbies" is guys who are new to Eventing not Noobs who mess up the world.

Now that we got passed that, let me get started on the real topic.
Eventing is a thing where you put in some basic comands to do certain things, for example, If i wanted a brick to turn Green by clicking it, I would put in the following commands:
OnActivate->Self->SetColor->[]

Simple eh, This can get a lot more complicated but let me just lay out what each of the commands mean.

These are all the Input events (Input means Data that goes in or to start things off)

OnActivate  =  The player clicking the brick with nothing in their hands
OnPlayerTouch   =   The player walking onto the bricks causing the next event to happen.
OnProjectileHit   =   Projectile really means like a bullet or rocket, E.G. I fire a rocket at the brick causing the Next event to happen.

These are all the second things you would need to chose from

Self   =   Which simply means the brick
Player   =   Something that would happent to the player when set off
Client   =   Client is a complicated word for Text, lets say, i Click the bricks and text appears...That is a Client
NamedBrick   =   This is just like the Self event but it lets you make another brick do something. You know how when you first Wrench the brick, The first thing you see is BrickName, Just give it a name and put that into the NamedBrick Event

Now the last bit has A LOT of things to chose from, so I'm just going to lay out the basic things

SetColor   =   Sets the brick color
Disappear   =   Best used for doors, makes the brick disappear for a limited amount of time
ToogleEventEnabled   =   You don't really want to mess around with this, it is complicated. it basically enables and dissables the events of bricks. Don't really use this until you are good at events

Great! Those are the basic events you would need to use. Here are some Full events to do things.

To make a light
OnActivate->Self->SetLight [Player Light/Other]

To make a brick disappear
OnActivate->Self->Disappear [Time]

If you want to do particular stuff that was not listed in here, Feel free the post a comment and i will tell you the events on how to do the stuff.

Thanks...

Pretty good! I'm experienced with events, and I feel this is GREAT help to new people.

(I remember in v13, I couldnt figure out how to spawn a bow xD)

Pretty good! I'm experienced with events, and I feel this is GREAT help to new people.

(I remember in v13, I couldnt figure out how to spawn a bow xD)

I'm very experienced with events. i also remember in v7, i didn't know how to make brick! XD

The description of what the client is is horribly off,  but otherwise, pretty good

The description of what the client is is horribly off,  but otherwise, pretty good
Definitely.

so, what do you need help with to install/run the game?