Author Topic: Destructo Wand Logger  (Read 2561 times)

I decided to make this add-on an admin on Crown's CityRPG deleted a bunch of people's buildings for no apparent reason. This add-on will add an entry to config/server/Destructo Wand Log.txt whenever the destructo wand is used. Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to find the exact user who used the destructo wand, so it currently just lists all the admins and super admins on the server. If you know how to find the user of the destructo wand, please let me know.

Download

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:57:42 PM by TheRealMint »

Looks promising, but I do think it would be much better if you could find out who used the wand. So, yeah. Good, but waiting for more.

Looks promising, but I do think it would be much better if you could find out who used the wand. So, yeah. Good, but waiting for more.
I completely agree. After examining the AdminWandImage::onFire function, there didn't seem to be any to know who is using it. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Decent idea, subpar implementation.
Finding who did it is definitly possible though.

Finding who did it is definitly possible though.
Do you have any idea how you would do this? The client doesn't seem to be passed to AdminWandImage::onFire(). I'm looking into having it log every time someone clicks the Destructo Wand button in the admin menu.

so nothing valuable?
Well, some people got really mad that their buildings were destroyed when they spent a lot of time working on them.

Change the arguements in whateverTheDestroWandImageIs::onFire to %this,%obj,%slot. Then you can find the client with %obj.client

Code: [Select]
function image::onFire(%this,%obj,%slot)
{
     %client = %obj.client;

//other stuff
}

That should work.

Change the arguements in whateverTheDestroWandImageIs::onFire to %this,%obj,%slot. Then you can find the client with %obj.client

Code: [Select]
function image::onFire(%this,%obj,%slot)
{
     %client = %obj.client;

//other stuff
}

That should work.

Gotta also make sure to check that bricks are destroyed.