Author Topic: need a free video recorder  (Read 829 times)

want to make some more videos, fraps is laggy, dont have money to buy anything

i need-

-free
-no lag
-720p

i bet there is like 2 but i need one

thanks bl

I doubt you'll be able to find one.

FRAPS is laggy probably because your computer can't really handle it.  In my own thoughts, I think you'd need a SSD to save all the movies to because a SSD would probably be able to keep up with that kind of write speeds.  FRAPS literally saves every frame into a video file, so you need quite a bit of CPU and a fast hard drive to do it.

I've heard of these weird things you run between your computer and monitor that capture video so you don't experience as much lag.

I've heard of these weird things you run between your computer and monitor that capture video so you don't experience as much lag.
Ooo, there's those too.  Forgot those.

use http://www.iobit.com/gameboosterupdate.html

Use beta

Comes with a recording program, it's amazing quality.

FRAPS is laggy probably because your computer can't really handle it.  In my own thoughts, I think you'd need a SSD to save all the movies to because a SSD would probably be able to keep up with that kind of write speeds.  FRAPS literally saves every frame into a video file, so you need quite a bit of CPU and a fast hard drive to do it.

Normal hard drives work fine with fraps unless you're not using Serial ATA and something like Parallel ATA (because SATA is much faster). Though all modern computers will have SATA so that shouldn't be a problem.

I would never ever use my SSDs with my fraps because it records at 60 fps + full size and produces a 2.3gb avi video file every 30 seconds, that's 10gb every 5 minutes.