Author Topic: The Fez Thread  (Read 4975 times)

Release

Fez is a puzzle/platform game developed by independent software developers Polytron. The game
    was initially announced by it's creator, Phil Fish, on TIGSource.com on July 17, 2007. It was later announced
    that the game would come to the Xbox Live Arcade in early 2010, but it was pushed back. The game was
    released on April 13, 2012 for Xbox Live Arcade. More platforms are being considered.

Fez is noteworthy for the long delay from it's initial announcement in 2007 to it's release in spring 2012. It's protracted development was featured in the documentary film Indie Game: The Movie.

Plot

In Fez you play as Gomez, a 2D creature living in a happy 2D world.  But one day a strange and powerful artifact reveals to you the existence of a third dimension!

This object is called the Hexahedron. The Hexahedron gives Gomez a magical fez hat that allows him to perceive the third dimension. Gomez must use his amazing new ability to save the Hexahedron before his world is torn apart!

Goal

The goal of the game is to collect 32 cubes and 32 anti-cubes (64 total cubes and anti-cubes). Cubes are visible and placed around the world for the player to collect. The player must figure out how to navigate their way through the environment to each cube. Anti-cubes are invisible and revealed only after the player has solved a puzzle. The picture you may have seen above is Gomez gaining a cube. Anti-cubes look the same as normal cubes except purple.

Xbox Achievements

Fez has 12 achievements with a total of 200 points.

Sum total: Find ALL collectables.

Get a cube: Find your very first cube shard.

Kill screen: Get to the end.

Hexahedronaut: Collect all 32 Golden Cubes and 32 Anti-Cubes.

Haikus not epics: Find the Tome artifact.

Phrenologist: Find the Skull artifact.

Mightier than the sword: Find the Writing Cube artifact.

A numbers game: Find the Counting Cube artifact.

Equal and opposite: Find an Anti-Cube.

Warp zone: Reactivate all 5 warp gates.

Cryptographer: Break the code.

Achievement Unlocked:   RTRTLTRTRTLTLTLT

Easter Eggs

Legend of Zelda References
    Fez contains several references to Zelda games:

• The poster in Gomez's bedroom above his drumset is the background of the original Legend of Zelda (NES) title screen.
    • When you first leave town Dot says "Hey, listen!" to get your attention. This is a reference to Navi in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.

Xbox Gamer-Pictures

There are two unlockable Xbox Gamer-Pictures for Fez.

• Gamer-Picture #1: Polytron Logo
    • Gamer-Picture #2: Gomez  

Media

Fez Trailers and Gameplay
    Indie Game: The Movie
    Long Screenshots and Long Trailer (Fez)

Soundtrack

The soundtrack in Fez was written by chiptune artist Rich Vreeland under the name Disasterpeace. It was released on April 20th, 2012.

Official Fez Soundtrack: http://disasterpeace.com/album/fez

Price

Fez costs 800 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live Marketplace. (10$)

HELP THERE IS THIS /list THING THAT KEEPS APPEARING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TOPIC AND I CANT DELETE IT BECAUSE WHEN I DELETE IT IT COMES BACK O_O:[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:14:50 AM by Hobbitt »

If they release it on Steam or just for PC in general I'll probably buy it. I watched Northerlion play it for awhile and it looked really fun, I love these treasure-hunt-type platformers.

i've heard about this game but never tried it but now i think i will since it sounds pretty interesting

Never mind.

Looks cool.
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:06:55 PM by Legodude77 »

looks amazing. would play.

edit: just noticed it's only for xbox live arcade, so dammit.
    they should put this on steam or something
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:48:31 PM by Yosher »

/Agree
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:04:58 PM by Hobbitt »

I bought it the day it came out. Played it for awhile then got distracted by other games hnng

/Bump!

(Bumped because I updated the thread and added Gamer-Pictures and Media! :D)
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:43:52 PM by Hobbitt »

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:57:35 PM by Hobbitt »

followed this back when it was announced 6 years ago
    love it

I found out about this game trough Indie Game: The Movie.
    Damn, it was good.

Now he has money, he said we will port it to Steam.
    Check the Wikipedia.