Author Topic: Need help making a jeep vehicle with sound  (Read 660 times)

I was taking the Train vehicles script and the Jeep's script and trying to mash them together so I could have the jeep make a sound, but I only have 1 sound that I want played, not multiple.
Since its not working and I have tried multiple things could somebody edit/tell me how to make this work?

(I called it Jeep2 so the installer wouldn't overwrite it.)

take the script from a helicopter and edit as needed

take the script from a helicopter and edit as needed
there's like a thousand

there's like a thousand
any helicopter with a looping sound will do.

But I want it to only play a sound when the vehicles moving, if I use a helicopter script it will keep playing even when idle.

But I want it to only play a sound when the vehicles moving, if I use a helicopter script it will keep playing even when idle.
maybe have the vehicle empty sound files when its not moving?

I've always wondered what this does. What would happen if you uncommented it and gave it a sound?

I revised it up a bit, since I cannot edit my post above here is the new server.cs if anyone can figure out these syntax errors (Or just fix up the code entirely?)  I don't know if it works because the vehicle is not in the wrench menu.

I've always wondered what this does. What would happen if you uncommented it and gave it a sound?
engineSound sucks, it only makes the sound louder or quieter as the vehicle changes speed.

Well, I decided to scrap everything (save it somewhere else) and use just EngineSound for a backup since it doesn't sound that bad, like a temp.

Wellll my game crashes when I spawn the vehicle. Is that supposed to happen?

doublepost

I found the error in the latest server.cs, It has a problem with the J in Jeep2speedcheck(%this %obj)
That and that only I think.

Well, I decided to scrap everything (save it somewhere else) and use just EngineSound for a backup since it doesn't sound that bad, like a temp.

Wellll my game crashes when I spawn the vehicle. Is that supposed to happen?
Same happened to me.

Edit:
If I edit the Train's sound effects, it works fine. Its obviously not the case of a broken script, its the case of what I am missing
:Y

Another double post yay, but this is actually worth it

I figured out a way, the only thing is that I need to make the persons view first person and make the person sit down when entering.
I took the train vehicle, replaced the sounds, and replaced the model with the jeep vehicle.