Author Topic: i have some sort of stuffty adware  (Read 737 times)

i was just browsing the bl forum when i noticed that the "games" in "Discuss other games" suddenly turned into a link, so i hovered my mouse over it and it showed some sort of stuffty poker ad.

then i went to community projects and read dragon of dalore, and someone had a post with "room" in it, and once again, that was a link too and it showed me some sort of hotel ad.

currently scanning with an antivirus to see what else has been hiding in my computer.

EDIT: it was some chrome extension called Browse2save, no idea what the hell it is or if i downloaded it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:34:53 AM by Yosher »

Check in chrome extensions, assuming you have chrome. It may just be hiding there.

Stop downloading research from real estate gambling websites.

Stop downloading research from real estate gambling websites.

i shall have you know that the "gambling" part of your post was a link for me

find hot poker players near you...;)))

i hate the ads that go like
"UR CUMPOOTER IS SLOW DOWNLOD PROGRAM TO SPEED UP"
>mfw i have a laptop that can run at 100 FPS with shaders
YEAH forget LOGIC

i was just browsing the bl forum when i noticed that the "games" in "Discuss other games" suddenly turned into a link, so i hovered my mouse over it and it showed some sort of stuffty poker ad.

then i went to community projects and read dragon of dalore, and someone had a post with "room" in it, and once again, that was a link too and it showed me some sort of hotel ad.

currently scanning with an antivirus to see what else has been hiding in my computer.

EDIT: it was some chrome extension called Browse2save, no idea what the hell it is or if i downloaded it.
I got Browse2save a day ago.

Go to C:/ProgramData and delete the Browse2save folder.

Make sure you can see hidden files and folders.

find hot poker players near you...;)))

You can try downloading SpyBot S&D, it's freeware that is designed for removing adware.

Have you downloaded anything from cnet recently?

i already deleted it and i'm pretty sure it's fine now.