Author Topic: What (scripting) language would be better to learn?  (Read 1180 times)

Uh no.
No it's not
No.
Woah, woah, woah
Blockland, uses a scripting language called TorqueScript. Similar to C++ and C#
Well, its not exact, only similar. Sorry guys, jeez.

There are major differences between different languages so how would they be 100% easier to learn

Way to take an over-exaggeration way too literal.

TorqueScript is written in C++, but it's more similar to C# and PHP

The thing is I personally don't like coding its in plain form, I like coding for games or coding that interactes with something such as for Lua I would use Roblox because I can make it I interact with things, I would want to learn TorqueScript because I could make things with Blockland although I see how it's sort of the most useless because of how it's basically it's own language for the torque game engine or something. For JavaScript I would most likely like to make something that ties in Minecraft although I'm really negative about the way mods work in minecraft (so many fresking class files) and how many mods don't even work in multiplayer (well I have bukkit for that).

So here is what I am thinking of, lua for sure because I already know a lot of it, and JavaScript. Torque Script would be the "less" useless one when comparing it to the other 2 or am I wrong?

Out of the ones you know, Javascript is probably the most useful in general.

Do you mean Java or Javascript? They are two different languages. Minecraft uses Java, not Javascript.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:48:49 PM by Electrk »

he's asking about scripting languages, so most likely javascript.

and when he speaks of minecraft and lua, he's more than likely talking about computercraft. i would guess - if not, that's a good lua-based outlet for minecraft I'd say.

@Altris, learn torquescript if you want to make blockland mods, javascript if you want to work with web development, lua if you want to create your own scripts/mods in other games, and python for just about everything else really. it all depends on your purpose.