Author Topic: Why is the RTB mod manager comments section so full of friends?  (Read 2945 times)

I've added a comment limit of 512 characters which I think is safely below the crash threshold.
512? that's a lot. why not 256?

The problem with adding any kind of reporting functionality is that people abuse this and report opinions as spam and such. It's really not manageable. I can't trust users to moderate their own comments either - that's just asking for all kinds of trouble.
If the report is dumb, ban the person who submitted it from reporting. If it's valid, ban the person they reported from commenting and/or clear all their previous comments.

I think the overwhelming number of idiots on RTB is actually due to a lack of intelligent people neither diluting them or setting an example for them. This is because the majority of non-idiots are capable of not getting banned within a week on the forums and acknowledge that it is a superior medium for communication. There's plenty more to discuss on the Blockland Forums besides add-ons, the people here are capable of basic communication - those who aren't are quickly alienated and banned, and on top of all that, it also allows you to comment on individual add-ons, just as RTB does.

One thing I think should be implemented is the ability to reply to comments. Actually being able to carry out conversations would help by allowing people to resolve issues more easily, respond to feedback, clarify misconceptions, verbally crucify morons, ect. With that, though, comments should be more accessible. Currently, add-on developers are barely inclined to look over RTB comments; the file control panel isn't an ideal place to have updates. The functionality should be moved in-game, so people see comments on their own add-ons more conveniently, as well as replies to ones they've posted elsewhere. That should be enough to bring some intelligent life to the comments. Once that happens, install that rep system that was on the RTB forums ages ago and the idiot problem should be resolved pretty quickly.

there should be notifications in-game as to whether your addon has been failed or accepted, and whenever you receive a comment on an addon of yours

whenever you receive a comment on an addon of yours
Spaaaam. So much spam.

Spaaaam. So much spam.

uh?

most addons don't get comments too often.

don't really think this would be a problem

Now that is a lot what ROBLOX looks like in their comments section.

Now that is a lot what ROBLOX looks like in their comments section.

Or even Roblox or Youtube

Meant just youtube. My bad.