Author Topic: New chiptune.  (Read 1093 times)

http://youtu.be/DVGBSC7qr_s
After a long 8Bit absence, i'm going to start making music again
What do you think of this? It was a collab with Alteration.

What tracker/DAW are you using? What samples?

I like the cymbal that comes in around halfway through, but the rest of the instruments sound flat and boring. Additionally, the melody is pretty hard to follow and consequently easily forgettable.

Overall it's decent, and far better than most of the music that comes out of this forum. Keep it up!

What tracker/DAW are you using? What samples?

I used ModPlug tracker for my section, and several edited Arkanoid samples. I wanted it to sound different from your average chiptune, though since you said the instruments sounded boring I don't think I achieved what I ment to. :c

1I like the cymbal that comes in around halfway through, but the rest of the instruments sound flat and boring. 2Additionally, the melody is pretty hard to follow and consequently easily forgettable.

1That was Blooker's section, lol. 2I did the melody at the beginning; however I originally intended for somebody else to do it (that's why the first section was only bass + drums at first), and after Blooker added his part I went back and added a quick melody I didn't put much effort into. I could've done better, but I was trying to make it fit with Blooker's section, which used a high-pitched bass sound for the main tune (had I known how that would've resulted I would've included several juicy lead synths in the .xm).

Overall it's decent, and far better than most of the music that comes out of this forum. Keep it up!

Thank you! Makes me feel glad, because I've made several songs way better than this (which I might make a topic for).

I hope that didn't sound narcissistic, Blooker. Just giving my side of the input. :s

I hope that didn't sound narcissistic, Blooker. Just giving my side of the input. :s
IT'S COOL BRUDDA

sounded strange

mostly just the notes seemed badly placed, making it sound off-key or something. this fixes ~1:40 though (or rather, the guilty track is less noticeable)

other than that it's not a bad song. not something i'd listen to on repeat, but that's just because it's not my kind of song.

i'd give it around a 7/10

mostly just the notes seemed badly placed, making it sound off-key or something. this fixes ~1:40 though (or rather, the guilty track is less noticeable)

Why did I have to be such a noob when I worked on this track aaaaaaa

sounded strange

other than that it's not a bad song. not something i'd listen to on repeat, but that's just because it's not my kind of song.

i'd give it around a 7/10
Its your job to hate about EVERYTHING.

Its your job to hate about EVERYTHING.
There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and that is what he is providing. It's not fantastic, people aren't obliged to give rave reviews.