Author Topic: Looking for Real-Time Combat MMORPG  (Read 1163 times)

I was tempted to ask in the thread someone posted a few days ago, but I felt it wouldn't get many answers. While I tried Mabinogi and enjoyed it for a while, I reached a point where I could no longer play alone and would have had to get a few people to help me just to get farther along in the game. That's not something I want.

• I'd like the combat system to be well done, with timing being key not levels, abilities, or gear you use.
  • Not dependent on parties for leveling(solo game will be tough but possible)
  • Free or subscription doesn't really matter.
  • Enough of a player base to see people in the cities or occasionally areas.
  • I'd prefer it to be the traditional rpg(PSO, WoW etc.), but if there's something you're dying to suggest I welcome new ideas

i cant even think of an mmorpg that ISNT real time combat. its like the standard.

Hm, I suppose you're right and I worded it wrong. I want the combat to be like in PSO, Vindictus(forgot to mention I played this but wasn't interested), and Mabinogi. In these games you control the swing and the block, and have skills as well. It isn't right click them spam spells as in WoW, Rift, and most other big mmo's. You control all aspects of the attack; block, swing, ability.

Hm, I suppose you're right and I worded it wrong. I want the combat to be like in PSO, Vindictus(forgot to mention I played this but wasn't interested), and Mabinogi. In these games you control the swing and the block, and have skills as well. It isn't right click them spam spells as in WoW, Rift, and most other big mmo's. You control all aspects of the attack; block, swing, ability.
Controlling all aspects of the attack isn't possible in modern video games, without motion detectors at least.

Well there IS a game called Men of War, that has many many additions to it's series, it's a WWII RTS game, so it's not really a hack-and-slash thing, but like you said, being open to new things. The damage system is pretty good, you can't run through machine gun fire and not get killed. It relies heavily on tacti-

"MMORPG"

woops I read the title as MMOG since a lot of people play it, I didn't see the "RP" for some reason.

oops

That's fine Deception. I haven't played an RTS in a long time but I've heard Men of War is a good one.

Controlling all aspects of the attack isn't possible in modern video games, without motion detectors at least.
I want an online hack and slash with player controlled block, attack, and abilities not stats, rolls, and luck.

That's fine Deception. I haven't played an RTS in a long time but I've heard Men of War is a good one.
I want an online hack and slash with player controlled block, attack, and abilities not stats, rolls, and luck.
Uh

Darkfall online is your only option, but it is unlikely you'd want to play it because it's a niche game made for people who want a brutal, unforgiving, gankfest.
Otherwise the game doesn't exist yet.

Found one. Neverwinter. Locking, hopefully it stays good.