Author Topic: My cd drive doesn't have an eject button, and it doesn't show a cd drive.  (Read 1272 times)

I see a slot, but there is no eject button, and it doesn't show the drive in computer. Help pls?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:57:10 PM by HedRokkA »

Maybe you broke it off? If you really need the CD Drive open, use a paperclip and/or try and find an exact new copy of the CD drive.
what?
Seriously?

Seriously?
i didnt understand what he was talking about,
but know i do.

Maybe you broke it off? If you really need the CD Drive open, use a paperclip and/or try and find an exact new copy of the CD drive.Seriously?
We don't have any paperclips, or toothpicks. And I'm sure there's no new copy. And btw, this laptop is new, we got it 10-11 days ago.

We don't have any paperclips, or toothpicks. And I'm sure there's no new copy. And btw, this laptop is new, we got it 10-11 days ago.
well go buy a paper clip, can you provide us with a picture of the drive?

Got any nickels and or quarters? They can probably open it too.
Wait, are they metal?
idunno

Here's a pic

Well, you can always try going to the same place you bought it, and ask them to repair it.

Well, you can always try going to the same place you bought it, and ask them to repair it.
I'm in flagstaff now, there's no Fry's Electronics here, there's nothing I can do. I bought Age of Empires and somethin' else.

I bought Age of Empires
Good choice :D

OP, you're saying that it doesn't appear in "My Computer"?

I really don't think you're going to be able to open it up if the computer isn't detecting it

lol that isnt a cd drive if im not mistaken and if your computer can't detect it that means your laptop didn't come with a cd drive haha

Good choice :D
Thanks! :D
But really, I'm kind of pissed off that I don't have a cd drive/cd drive isn't working. Gah, I just want to play a good RTS game.

Some laptops don't come with them.  You can always get buy an external one though for pretty cheap.