Author Topic: Is there anything that helps clean out dust from USB ports?  (Read 645 times)

Recently ive noticed my USB ports has been collecting dust and i honestly feel like cleaning them, is there anything besides compressed air cans, like a vacuum or something similar to a vacuum?

Ill just go with compressed air

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:29:06 PM by Rockinboy2000 »

Recently ive noticed my USB ports has been collecting dust and i honestly feel like cleaning them, is there anything besides compressed air cans, like a vacuum or something similar to a vacuum? 
use your mouth.

yes. definitely put a vacuum as close as you can to the wiring of your laptop and run it.

that was sarcasm, don't ever use a vacuum in direct contact with anything on your computer, even if it isn't the internals, you're taking a risk.

Just go and buy a can of compressed air man, that's the risk free way of cleaning stuff

I use my trusty plunger to solve all my problems.

Have you tried blowing it a little bit?

I can't imagine a USB port can fill up too much with dust. You might be able to dislodge a fair bit with just a little puff of air.
Just, uh, stand back a bit and maybe close your eyes when you blow.
You don't want dust shooting back into your eyes or mouth.

And other than that, compressed air is usually recommended quite a lot.
I've never used it, but I'd like to.
I searched for it online and it's surprisingly cheap. I'll have to get around to buying a canister.
Especially seeing as how my computer broke last year due to dust-build up in the fans.
They weren't spinning, the computer kept heating up, and it blew some fuses in the back. Wasn't very nice.

Have you tried blowing it a little bit?

I can't imagine a USB port can fill up too much with dust. You might be able to dislodge a fair bit with just a little puff of air.
Just, uh, stand back a bit and maybe close your eyes when you blow.
You don't want dust shooting back into your eyes or mouth.

And other than that, compressed air is usually recommended quite a lot.
I've never used it, but I'd like to.
I searched for it online and it's surprisingly cheap. I'll have to get around to buying a canister.
Especially seeing as how my computer broke last year due to dust-build up in the fans.
They weren't spinning, the computer kept heating up, and it blew some fuses in the back. Wasn't very nice.

Yeah, but i haven't really gotten success with that technique

Judging from the recommendations ill just use compressed air because that's the closest thing that works