Author Topic: Vehicle crashes server + Another question  (Read 1132 times)

Whenever I spawn my vehicle, the game turns off. Now it turns off whenever I try and launch a game with it enabled. Here's the .blend: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4122btetuyfl87b/SpaceCruiserCv2.blend

And my second question is; How would I go about adding a gun that can be shot from the driver's seat? I tried using the light tank's shoot on click script, and adding in a few bits from its server.cs, but since the game crashes when I try to load my vehicle, I don't know if it works. Am I doing it right?

The collision mesh is named collision-1, right?

The collision mesh is named collision-1, right?
No, it's called Col. I've done the same thing with 3 other vehicles, and it worked.

The default Jeep collision is called col collision-1

by the way.

The actual mesh's name doesn't matter, provided it starts with Col. The empty node it's parented to, however, must be named Col0.
What's that?
File located in your Blockland folder. Reply to this thread, posting it as an attachment.

Okay, here's the console.log.

Crikey, that's one hell of a collision mesh. You should make one small box for each leg and those should be separate objects. Which version of the exporter are you using? That would help.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:49:29 PM by Barnabas »

I thought collision meshes had to be square, I don't work with vehicles in Blockland much but that was my understanding

Collision meshes can be any convex shape. If you want to make more complex stuff you stick together more convex shapes. It is not advised to do that with vehicles though. And square collision meshes are the worst.

Collision meshes can be any convex shape. If you want to make more complex stuff you stick together more convex shapes. It is not advised to do that with vehicles though. And square collision meshes are the worst.
Oh. I thought square collision meshes were preferred. My mistake. Also, I made a new collision mesh, but it still crashes. At this point I'm just gonna ditch it, and assume everything I did on it was wrong, so I can start off with a clean slate.