Author Topic: I want to build a decent computer.  (Read 1344 times)

It doesn't need to be anything special. It just needs to be able to run a game like CS:GO at a decent fps. Any ideas on what the budget should be?

you should define the budget
we don't know how much funding you have

you should define the budget
we don't know how much funding you have
That's what I'm asking for. How much would it cost to build a computer like that?

lol you cant just say"i dont know the budget"
a computer can be 300 dollars or 30 grand, you need to give us the budget
400? 600? 800? 2000?

lol you cant just say"i dont know the budget"
a computer can be 300 dollars or 30 grand, you need to give us the budget
400? 600? 800? 2000?

He wants to run CS:GO at descent framerate, "descent" presumably meaning a good 40/50 fps at medium settings

now we give him specs with the lowest price which can run this game

You'll need ~$350 minimum for a custom machine.

ask my uncle. he built his own computer, and it can run anything

an GT 550 can run most games on médium-high

I5 is pretty fine

I recommend more than 4 GB ram

and a good power supply for maximum performance

Hey. All I'm asking for is how much money I'm gonna spend. I'll buy the specific components myself.
You'll need ~$350 minimum for a custom machine.
Really? That's not bad at all! If that's the bare minimum then I'll probably spend like $400.

As far as graphics go I have an AMD 6850 and it can run most games pretty well. I get between 20-50 FPS on BF4 and that's without Windows 8/Mantle.

Hey. All I'm asking for is how much money I'm gonna spend. I'll buy the specific components myself.Really? That's not bad at all! If that's the bare minimum then I'll probably spend like $400.
$350 is enough for a built computer, but itll be bad. If you want a computer that is good and can run a lot of games at decent performance at good quality, somewhere around 600-800 is good

As far as graphics go I have an AMD 6850 and it can run most games pretty well. I get between 20-50 FPS on BF4 and that's without Windows 8/Mantle.
Br4 runs like stuff and it reccomends to run it on max for my computer, even on low. It runs like ass.

Br4 runs like stuff and it reccomends to run it on max for my computer, even on low. It runs like ass.
It's because it's a beta and they were not testing graphical optimization for it. It will be more optimized on full release.

I also learned from a Jackfrags video that if you use Windows 8 your FPS will drastically improve, until December when DICE releases Mantle or something or another that will make it run just as fast on Windows 7.