Author Topic: Textures (.dds)  (Read 1484 times)

Will Blockland be able to read .dds textures ingame?

Nope. Blockland can read 1:1 ratio PNGs, JPGs and can also parse IFLs for dynamic textures.

Nope. Blockland can read 1:1 ratio PNGs, JPGs and can also parse IFLs for dynamic textures.

Are there anyway to convert .dds to png?

What's a 1:1 ratio PNG?

What's a 1:1 ratio PNG?

An image where width / height = 1. I'm uncertain if this is an actual requirement, but every texture I've ever seen used was 1:1.

An image where width / height = 1. I'm uncertain if this is an actual requirement, but every texture I've ever seen used was 1:1.
I don't think I ever see any 1x1 plain textures. Only 16x16. Also, don't the brick sides and spray can label and things like that count as textures? And they're not 1x1 or 16x16.

I don't think I ever see any 1x1 plain textures. Only 16x16. Also, don't the brick sides and spray can label and things like that count as textures? And they're not 1x1 or 16x16.

What? I never said anything about 1x1 or 16x16 - I'm only talking about ratios here.

Also, don't the brick sides and spray can label and things like that count as textures? And they're not 1x1 or 16x16.

spraycanLabel.png is 256x256. 256 / 256 = 1.

What? I never said anything about 1x1 or 16x16 - I'm only talking about ratios here.

spraycanLabel.png is 256x256. 256 / 256 = 1.
So... you mean the image just has to be a square? Of any size? Unless it's a UI?

So... you mean the image just has to be a square? Of any size?

I'm uncertain if this is an actual requirement, but every texture I've ever seen used was 1:1.

I believe I've used a 32x64 texture before for a license plate.