Author Topic: cpu fan running really loud  (Read 1466 times)

yeah i dont think the issue is dust at all
i did a quick glace with a flashlight and its mostly clean
unless the cleanliness of other parts inside the system affects it, i dont think its the issue

you can take it to the guys who assembled it and see if they notice anything.

from here its pretty much impossible to determine it

i still think something was assembled incorrectly. you should at least be able to change the speed with a software.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:20:00 PM by Blockzillahead »

you can take it to the guys who assembled it and see if they notice anything.

from here its pretty much impossible to determine it
sadly theyre closed on the weekends
if they were open there wouldnt even be a thread :panda:

just a quick question, is there another fan in your system(not power supply fan) that is also running at maximum speed?

i dont want to jump to anything but its possible to break a pin on those connectors if youre careless.

you could try but its less than a month old. i dont see how it got that dirty to not keep cool.
Doesn't matter. If a fan is running too hot/fast that's the first thought because it's the easiest to check

just a quick question, is there another fan in your system(not power supply fan) that is also running at maximum speed?
This also made me think: are you sure its the CPU fan you're hearing, and not a different one?

i dont want to jump to anything but its possible to break a pin on those connectors if youre careless.
as far as im aware, no
This also made me think: are you sure its the CPU fan you're hearing, and not a different one?
im certain

well thats all i got. youre gonna have to talk to those guys when they are free

(my bet is the 4th pin got broken during assembly, come on money)

well thats all i got. youre gonna have to talk to those guys when they are free

unless its some weird physchological trick where i think its louder because i got used to it being quiet, i dont think its broken, this only started a few weeks ago

unless its some weird physchological trick where i think its louder because i got used to it being quiet
ill slap you silly

Are you kidding? Those things are made out of pure willpower or some stuff. The hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life is unplug an aftermarket CPU cooler that was probably just a bit bigger than they planned on being put in the case from some stuffty cramped Dell motherboard in some stuffty cramped Dell case, the thing simply refused to come off without me using pliers.