Author Topic: Ebay Asshat - Can he do this?  (Read 724 times)

So basically a couple nights ago I won an item that is usually worth $250-280, for about $90. To my knowledge this seller was experienced and was okay with having the item being bought for such a low price, the shipping was $13 which I thought was a tad low due to the fact it's around 8-10 pounds in weight. Bascially I waited two days after I won. I got a message from the buyer saying he could not ship it right away, due to some issues with money or some bullstuff. I told him, I needed it ASAP and I left it at that. The third day after winning the auction he messaged me on Ebay, asking if "I had received a refund." Now here's the problem: He confirmed he had received the $90 USD, and was going to ship it, MY paypal said the seller had not claimed the money and it was basically stuck between me and him.

Here's a summary for anyone too lazy to read it.

I won auction on Ebay.
Seller says he will ship it, and has received the money
Paypal says he hasn't claimed money
Seller later says shipping is expensive and it wont be here until next week
Seller asks me if I received a refund.
I say "Why, if you can't afford shipping I'll pay it." Even though I already paid the shipping and handling fee.

Now my question... He's over the handling fee date, (2 days) can he not ship me the item? is he allowed to just flake on me?

Ebay is full of scamming asshats.

I doubt this guy is a scammer. It would of helped if I specified the item, I bought a pretty high quality Airsoft rifle. (Inb4 Airsoft cigarette.) I play with a team called CVAX and I have a game on Saturday, and Sunday.  The pictures are mediocre and I've asked for more pictures and I have received them.

If you simply claim to ebay that you didn't receive the item they'll take care of it.

lol do you even use ebay? I've been using it for 6 years and have over 300 purchases. Not once have I had an issue with the seller so I don't know what the forget you're talking about.

Here's a tip:
check the performance of the seller before you buy

lol do you even use ebay? I've been using it for 6 years and have over 300 purchases. Not once have I had an issue with the seller so I don't know what the forget you're talking about.

I've only bought a few things and have had nothing but very positive experiences. I bought a guitar pickup and it came with a whole load of goodies with it.