Author Topic: I can't connect to my own dedicated server  (Read 959 times)

I am unable to connect to my dedicated server via query internet. However, when I query LAN, I can connect. I've tried this on my two different computers, with the same results. I also have forwarded my Blockland ports. Any advice?

To test, I just tried to join the server and was not able to.

This means either:
 - You shut down the server before I could connect
or
 - You didn't actually port-forward correctly

It may be helpful if you post how you went about port forwarding and whether or not you have been able to host in the past. Do you have UpNp enabled? It could help.

To test, I just tried to join the server and was not able to.

This means either:
 - You shut down the server before I could connect
or
 - You didn't actually port-forward correctly

It may be helpful if you post how you went about port forwarding and whether or not you have been able to host in the past. Do you have UpNp enabled? It could help.
I shut the server down a couple minutes ago. I believe I portforwarded correctly. I followed portforward.com's instructions for my router. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Arris/DG860A/Blockland.htm

28000 - 28030 should be portforwarded. I have been able to connect in the past to my servers when I have hosted them dedicated. ...and I am not sure what UpNp is, so I assume I do not have it enabled.

My apologies for the double post. I have found UpNp on my router, it is indeed on.

Now that you've port forwarded, you need to allow those ports through your firewall as well.

Firewall ports have been forwarded on both computers.

Other players are able to join my server, so I guess this is solved.