Poll

blue and black or white and gold

blue and black
34 (73.9%)
blue and black
12 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: what color is this dress - MYSTERY SOLVED ITS BLUE AND BLACK SEE LAST POST  (Read 13084 times)

so far that miracle evidence has not come up yet for team white and gold so im bout to lock the topic. any last thoughts?

my last thought is are you really going to lock the topic or are you going to black and blueball us for the third time

just leave it open for discussion
if there's no new evidence, it'll die by itself

The question what "what color is this dress" so we answered as to what we saw. What the color of the dress is in that picture given. Using deductive reasoning, the picture is overexposed, looks like it's in a yellowish room, with a window probably casting natural sky light onto the dress. This gives it the blue-ish and gold color. It never said "what color is the actual dress right here irl I never bothered taking another photo".

It looks blue and brown to me

"I got to the wedding and the mother was wearing the dress," McNeill said. "Obviously it was blue and black."
http://www.businessinsider.com/origin-of-white-gold-or-black-blue-dress-2015-2

you cannot look at the picture with stuffty lighting and say it's white and gold while ignoring this picture
The question what "what color is this dress" so we answered as to what we saw. What the color of the dress is in that picture given. Using deductive reasoning, the picture is overexposed, looks like it's in a yellowish room, with a window probably casting light onto the dress. This gives it the blue-ish and gold color. It never said "what color is the actual dress right here irl I never bothered taking another photo".
you realize we've been over this?
nobody had any (other) evidence when this thread started but then evidence came up later it is 100% your fault for not listening to it
get out of here

http://www.color-hex.com/color/6783cc

http://www.color-hex.com/color/5b5b53

it's blue and black go home everyone

Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There’s rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part. The “cones” see color. The “rods” see shade, like black, white and grey. Cones only work when enough light passes through. So while I see the fabric as white, someone else may see it as blue because my cones aren’t responding to the dim lighting. My rods see it as a shade (white). There’s three cones, small, medium and large. They are blue sensitive, green sensitive, and red sensitive.
As for the black bit (which I see as gold), it’s called additive mixing. Blue, green and red are the main colors for additive mixing. This is where it gets really tricky. Subtractive mixing, such as with paint, means the more colors you add the murkier it gets until it’s black. ADDITIVE mixing, when you add the three colors eyes see best, red, green and blue, (not to be confused with primary colors red, blue and yellow) it makes pure white.

—Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina’s cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing.

—White and Gold: our eyes don’t work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold.

**** UPDATE to prove this theory I turned my phone brightness from the lowest to highest and saw it switching from white and gold (at the lowest) to light blue and darker gold (at the highest) meaning people that see blue and black are more sensitive to light (better eyesight and not looking at the sun like your moms told you)

**Also if you see white and gold sometimes, blue and black another, or a combination of the two, your eyes are very average, and it could change because of YOUR rooms lighting or the tilt of your phone. This is the same manipulation they use for optical illusions"

Masterpost of why it's a blue and black dress. locking topic