Author Topic: My Grandfather was just buried today  (Read 814 times)

Some of you may have noticed my 4 day absence from the forums and the skype chat if it involves you, some of you were probably enjoyed or just plain didn't notice but let me get to the point. My Grandfather recently passed away on Wednesday, he was in Heart failure and I saw it coming from a mile away because my grandfather was in horrible shape after his stroke around 2012. My Grandfather was a veteran of 3 wars, WWII, Korea, and The Vietnam war. He served in the United states Navy since 1944 and retired in 1974, he was a Master chief and served on multiple ships. Today was his funeral, he was buried with full military honors and in his uniform. He died at 88 years of age

I traveled across the state for the funeral and viewings not to mention to provide comfort for my grandmother, whom was present when he died. The honor guard was present and played Taps, shot the 3 round volley, and presented the flag to my grandmother.

All of this happened in the midst of studying for my standardized testing so I have missed 4 days of studying but in the end it was worth it because I got to spend time with my mourning family and meet some of the relatives I never had met.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:36:39 PM by ThatRandomGuy »

i'm sorry dude, that sucks
how old was he?

o7 . Yet another hero laid to rest.

Master chief... shot the 3 round volley

Seriously though, I am very sorry for your loss, May he rest in peace.