Author Topic: Quick Question: How hard is modeling?  (Read 479 times)

Is modeling really difficult to get into? I'm thinking about doing it (it would lift up a huge load), but not sure if it's really a mind burner... any tips and thoughts?

Kinda depends on what you're making and how much detail you want to put into the thing obviously. You might want to start on something simple first and work your way up.
Idk what you should use for blockland, someone else should answer that bc I'm lazy rn, but I took a class on using blender and that got easy to understand pretty quickly.
Well whatever program you have to use look up some tutorials on how to model simple things on that program and that'll help ya.

I don't think it's that hard to get into. If I were starting from a blank canvas I would go straight to blender (I originally started with 3DS Max). There are so many video tutorials online now that I think make up for some of blenders more difficult aspects. By the time you get proficient enough to make models for blockland you'll also be able to use Port's new blender dts exporter which will make the whole pipeline a piece of cake.

i started with blender and i find it to be pretty easy. while the interface is rather intimidating at first, getting familiar with the program and learning its hotkeys (which you probably won't use a whole lot for blockland stuff) can really get you going. there's many great videos out there that can give you a rundown of all the basics you need to get started decently quick

its really easy to do, once you know the basics, keep doing it and you'll get better