Author Topic: so i got a steam controller  (Read 1457 times)

And everyone told me it was awkward and stuffty when I got mine :V
same, I got it and all people had to say to me was that it's terrible
I then proceeded to use it and thought it was great

i play with a old Ps3 Scuf controller with a broken off backpaddle
I'm play with a ds4 and it's grand

DS4 is good but not grand

How is it with Shooters?

When customized correctly, it works really well with those Third Person Shooters meant for console.

what's the build quality like? i saw a lot of reviews complaining about it

what's the build quality like? i saw a lot of reviews complaining about it

Build? How so? You mean like how it's made, how it feels, etc? If so, it's awkward at first but you actually get used to it and it feels much nicer than using an xbox controller in the end.

Build? How so? You mean like how it's made, how it feels, etc? If so, it's awkward at first but you actually get used to it and it feels much nicer than using an xbox controller in the end.
the build quality, as in how sturdy or durable does it feel? does it feel like it's made from cheap materials, or cheaply made? because lots of reviews are complaining about the controller feeling cheap and breaking within a month of very gentle handling

the build quality, as in how sturdy or durable does it feel? does it feel like it's made from cheap materials, or cheaply made? because lots of reviews are complaining about the controller feeling cheap and breaking within a month of very gentle handling

Hardly feels cheap, whoever says they break within the month from "gentle handling" must've thrown it or something in a fit of rage or they're lying.

I use it for most games that arnt obviously superior with a mousr and keyboard.
Its also great just for mouse control so i can lay back. I even got good at the type pad with it lol.

My only grief. Is a few games where im using an advanced setup profile, the pads special profile wont work unless i launch the game from big picture mode.
Not to big a deal but i forget sometimes and have to reopen game.

My only grief. Is a few games where im using an advanced setup profile, the pads special profile wont work unless i launch the game from big picture mode.
Not to big a deal but i forget sometimes and have to reopen game.

Same, and it seems to be every steam controller user's gripe at this point. It needs its own standalone software to really work well.

very well made and designed
and surprisingly more sturdy than it looks

one issue I've had with it is that rechargeable batteries are a slightly different shape, and fit going in, but are difficult to get out
the wireless is nice, but I need to find some good rechargeable batteries to use with it
on the bright side, it does work while plugged in, it just doesn't charge off of it (which would've been epic)